Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Where does Saad get off, telling the coach he doesn't want to do a job as a minder instead of running free in the back half?

Carlisle was right, that club is *smile*.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Patrick Smith saw it coming.

"A tradition that began with my father must end. Sadly. It has become impossible to continue to support a club that acted so shamelessly. The manner in which administrations go about their business should be more important than success on the field. A winter of arrogant manipulation by Essendon means it is impossible to continue a family ritual. You cannot be concerned about what you no longer respect. I don't think my late father would feel betrayed. He would have found it unbearable to stand by the Bombers as well."

And that was before the drugs!

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

"A tradition that began with my father must end. Sadly. It has become impossible to continue to support a club that acted so shamelessly. The manner in which administrations go about their business should be more important than success on the field. A winter of arrogant manipulation by Essendon means it is impossible to continue a family ritual. You cannot be concerned about what you no longer respect. I don't think my late father would feel betrayed. He would have found it unbearable to stand by the Bombers as well."

AND he jumped on Richmond.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

I remember when he wrote that. It is kind of when they started the slippery slope, through. That win at any cost mentality, which has ultimately seen them lose games and respect.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Where does Saad get off, telling the coach he doesn't want to do a job as a minder instead of running free in the back half?

Carlisle was right, that club is *smile*.

Funny how these stories about Saad are coming to the public domain only after he refused a deal with EFC. Until then he was a valuable and wanted player. I'd take these stories with a grain of salt really.

But I am watching with interest at Saad's open threat to walk to the PSD if Druggies and PaperBaggers can't come to a deal.

Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
But I am watching with interest at Saad's open threat to walk to the PSD if Druggies and PaperBaggers can't come to a deal.
It pays to keep your players happy. They have all the favours, even to the point of walking out on contracts.

Essendon is going to get bent over by Carlton like Carlton got bent over by us on Grigg. Deal, or receive nothing.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It pays to keep your players happy. They have all the favours, even to the point of walking out on contracts.

Essendon is going to get bent over by Carlton like Carlton got bent over by us on Grigg. Deal, or receive nothing.
They’ve got experience in that area, like with Houli and us.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Getting the old band back together! Bomber T would fit in as well

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Sheedy is the problem at that club. His shadow was cast there for too long and his favourites continue to snipe and undermine anyone that wasn’t one of Sheedy’s love children or his rat pack. They do not back anyone that isn’t from their little incestuous circle. Long may they be mid-table crap.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users