Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
apparently Bomber forum posters are also asking "Do we only scout Richmond VFL games?"
Best part is the wankers are still following the RFC when the GoDeez are the Kingz nowadays.

Should be chasing them, or hasn't Dodo got the memo yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
A few weeks ago...

Down at Bomber HQ Adrian Dodoro (AD) is heading towards the front door and passes James Hird's (JH) office Ben Rutten's (BR) office.

BR: Adrian - Is that you?
AD: *Sticks his hear round the door* Yes Ben?
BR: Got a moment?
AD: Sure *enters the room and sits on the faux leather coach and puts his feet up on the Ikea coffee table*
AD: What can I do you for Ben?
BR: Well, first you can take your feet of the table, and then you can tell me what the plans are for the Mid-Season Rookie Draft?
AD: Oh, don't you worry about that. I've got us covered. They don't call me the best in ...
BR: *Interrupting* the business for nothing. Yes, so you keep saying. But what are you doing?
AD: Well, I was just heading out to scout the Casey Demons training this evening. Might get some good ideas who to pick up in the Mid-Season draft, or in the 2023 Draft later this year.
BR: Demons eh? Bit of a change for you isn't it? We used to see you down at Punt Road all the time a few years ago.
AD: Gotta move with the times Ben. Gotta move with the times. The quick brown fox gets the early worm if you get my drift.
BR: Fox? Worm? What? And get your feet of my coffee table.
AD: *Shifts a little in the seat letting out a small fart* Don't know if you know this Ben but Casey Demons are ripe for the picking. Get 'em cheap. Get 'em young. We're on track to win the Granny next year offa my list management.
BR: You are delusional!
AD: Yes I am. I am delusion! Anyway better go, bus will be here soon. *gets up and heads to the door* I'll pop in tomorrow and let you know how I got on.
BR: Great!
AD: *leaves*

*Next day*

AD: *Taps on Ben's office door* Ben?
BR: Yes Adrian. Come in.
AD: Thanks *Sits on the couch and puts his feet up on the coffee table again*
BR: Get your feet off my table. How did it go yesterday!
AD: Great. Got down to Punt Road and watched training and I've lined us up a real beauty!
BR: Punt Road? What? Thought you were going to watch the Demons?
AD: *waves hand dismissively* Well I was on the bus and muscle memory kicked in, and before you knew it I was walking in through the Punt Road gates.
AD: Anyway. I've got our forward line for the next decade all sorted. We can get a young bloke called Alessandarariana Massimolondorina or something in the Mid-season Rookie Draft. Gonna be a beauty!
BR: You sure!
AD: Yep. They call me the best in the business you know!
BR: *Sarcastically* Really. Best at what? Recruiting stale Richmond VFL players?
AD: *Ignores Ben* Well better get on with it. Gotta find out who this kid's manager is and screw him over contract length and payments.
BR: Well, good luck with that.
AD: Thanks! *Stands up and looks down at the coffee table* Geez your coffee table is dirty Ben, might want to give it a wipe! *leaves*
BR: *smile* me!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Cloningdon - trying to copy everything about us, without changing the colour of the stripe.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Essendon having yet another internal review. Wellman, Sheedy and some other essendon old boy. Don't get me wrong I'm quite happy for them to maintain their delusional mediocrity, but stuff me, they do not get it, amazing. What part of EXTERNAL review don't they understand?
sorry for quoting meself, Caro agreed on FC. Internal reviews tend to be a snow job and are comfortable, external reviews are fair dinkum and are uncomfortable. The Essendon prez's justification for doing an internal rather than external review was embarrassing, total *smile*. Just lied. Quite astounding really considering where they have been for the last 20 years and the current disillusionment.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I agree with some other schools of thought that they know what they want to do already, but to make it more palatable to the members it’ll be rolled out as an outcome of the “far reaching” internal audit

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I agree with some other schools of thought that they know what they want to do already, but to make it more palatable to the members it’ll be rolled out as an outcome of the “far reaching” internal audit
What’s that? Out Truck in Tird (again). If they do that you have to laugh. They will not have learnt one iota. Sheedy is their millstone.

• Love
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Cloningdon - trying to copy everything about us, without changing the colour of the stripe.
For decades we wished Sheeds back as coach hoping he'd be the Midas touch & every couple of years he'd sign a new contract with them. That it's turned full circle & they now wannabe us is as sweet as it gets.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What’s that? Out Truck in Tird (again). If they do that you have to laugh. They will not have learnt one iota. Sheedy is their millstone.
Reminds of some fellow tiger fans from the late 80’s, early 90’s. bring Hafey back!
Essendumb are truely lost if they think like this.
*smile* great isn’t it!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With yesterdays man, Sheedy part of the Bombers review they will be a rabble for many years to come, and long may it last.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The are delusional if they think this is the answer, they just extended their CEO, if they were serious that's where the review needs to start. The Pres has already stated the top jobs are all safe so it's a complete waste of time even doing it.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sheedy has came out demanding the AFL issue an apology to the essendrugs, the players and fans for how it handled the drug saga.
Labelled the handling by the AFL as “disgusting “!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Sheedy has came out demanding the AFL issue an apology to the essendrugs, the players and fans for how it handled the drug saga.
bloody hell.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Oh, wow. Here we go again.

What's the matter with these people?

Extracts:

Former Essendon football department boss Danny Corcoran says the supplements scandal was mismanaged at every level, coming as Kevin Sheedy called on the AFL to apologise for its handling of the saga.

"The AFL should apologise … and they probably wouldn’t have the courage to apologise to Essendon. They were pathetic decisions of the past. I would think, when you look back, the AFL didn’t handle it very smartly," Sheedy said.

Corcoran, who was at the club in 2012 and was the football manager through the 2013 season, admits mistakes were made.

"The handling and mismanagement on every level, including the AFL and ASADA, trying to deal with ASADA, trying to bully ASADA, they didn’t respond well to that. They became mortal enemies. People don’t know the whole story."

"The whole thing unsettled so many players, families ... there is still no evidence of any performance-enhancing drug being taken, and a lot of players and a lot of careers have been ruined," Corcoran said.

"It was never, ever found. I don’t talk about it much but the hardline (stance) of CAS – we can’t prove we didn’t but you can’t prove we did – where does that leave anyone in terms of sport and the whole doping scenario? Under the current rules, you are guilty."

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Haaarrrgh. Didn't the AFL pretty much let Essendrugs off after their investigation?? WADA had to put the big boy pants on n give Essendrugs a proper slappin 'coz the AFL was to pathetic to man up.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I'm expecting an apology, followed by a ticker-tape parade through Melbourne, culminating with a ceremonial reinstatement of Watson's Brownlow at the G .... he'll supply the original.

Cotchin and Mitchell will be sent directly to the tribunal, whereupon they'll be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and banned until their medals are returned!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Oh, wow. Here we go again.

What's the matter with these people?

Extracts:

Former Essendon football department boss Danny Corcoran says the supplements scandal was mismanaged at every level, coming as Kevin Sheedy called on the AFL to apologise for its handling of the saga.

"The AFL should apologise … and they probably wouldn’t have the courage to apologise to Essendon. They were pathetic decisions of the past. I would think, when you look back, the AFL didn’t handle it very smartly," Sheedy said.

Corcoran, who was at the club in 2012 and was the football manager through the 2013 season, admits mistakes were made.

"The handling and mismanagement on every level, including the AFL and ASADA, trying to deal with ASADA, trying to bully ASADA, they didn’t respond well to that. They became mortal enemies. People don’t know the whole story."

"The whole thing unsettled so many players, families ... there is still no evidence of any performance-enhancing drug being taken, and a lot of players and a lot of careers have been ruined," Corcoran said.

"It was never, ever found. I don’t talk about it much but the hardline (stance) of CAS – we can’t prove we didn’t but you can’t prove we did – where does that leave anyone in terms of sport and the whole doping scenario? Under the current rules, you are guilty."
Funny. They take the line that no one can prove they were taking drugs.
But when the AFL and ASADA asked them for the supplement program and what was being taken they said they lost it.
Hmmmmmmm

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users