Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

A review that has already stated that Rutten and Dodoro are safe. Dodoro is the ultimate teflon Don, nothing sticks. And they are close to a flag already according to el presidente.

And then to top it off, they bring back Kevin Sheedy to be part of the process. They are so insular.

I’ve said it on here for two years, they are Richmond 1990’s. Think they are closer to the top than they are, haven’t understood that B graders at other clubs won’t be A graders at yours, can’t build a midfield out of the draft, pay for flash not substance and think they are force based on history not the last 20 years of failure.

Reactions: 8 users
I heard a rumour about Mr D that he extremely rich, as in extreme-ly, from involvement in the same real estate deal down Sleepy Hollow way as a certain controversial ex-Geelong coach and Essendon player. Word is he works for peanuts.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard a rumour about Mr D that he extremely rich, as in extreme-ly, from involvement in the same real estate deal down Sleepy Hollow way as a certain controversial ex-Geelong coach and Essendon player. Word is he works for peanuts.

Not a rumour, Dodoro, Bomber Thompson and Mark Casey made about $30 million selling land at Armstrong Creek near Geelong. Unless he has blown it, he'd be very comfortable.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon they are more than 3 years off contending for a flag. I was listening to the ABC a couple of weeks ago and they were talking about how Essendon have no stars. They have some very good players but at the moment are incapable of developing truly great players. Reminds me of Richmond for decades.

They need to build a list from the draft, it took us years to realise this and then took a long period of time to actually make it. With 18 teams getting back to the top is not easy and it does take a big effort and a focus on the process.

If Essendon continue to delude themselves that they can get to the top in 3 years I reckon they are setting themselves up for failure.

I would add that we need to be realistic about replacing premiership players and trying to build back to the top, it is a very difficult trick to pull off, but we are in a better position than Essendon and hopefully more realistic about what is possible.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Bummers looking very much like us mid 80s to mid 2010s. Lots of false dawns, occasional finals appearances, turnovers in board, management, coaches.

Even a bummer mate of mine acknowledges they are 4 or 5 years away and that relies on keeping their decent players and drafting some top liners.

We know what it's like but after putting up with arrogant bummer fans at school in the 80s and 90s I can't help but feel some revenge!

Reactions: 5 users
So if Prez is so confident that premiership success is only 2-3 years away why is he calling for a review, his second in 18 months??
Why not just ensure the right people in the right roles are doing their jobs and sit back and enjoy the ride?

So if Prez is so confident that premiership success is only 2-3 years away why is he calling for a review, his second in 18 months??
Why not just ensure the right people in the right roles are doing their jobs and sit back and enjoy the ride?
That's what most of the Bummer fans were asking on SEN yesterday. Strange club.

Reactions: 1 users
my advice to Essendon would be spend up big :LOL:

the lure of instant success is intoxicating , strut around make people think you are important , spend like there's no tomorrow , your premiership window is now , don't let it slip

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
my advice to Essendon would be spend up big :LOL:

the lure of instant success is intoxicating , strut around make people think you are important , spend like there's no tomorrow , your premiership window is now , don't let it slip
Yep, they should go and offer Degoey $1m a season, good move

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

You love to see it, A truly selfless and kind soul. A man who does not need the money, but has made it his life's mission to totally screw Essendon's playing list for decades, and not for financial gain, but just because he cares.

Hats off Dodders.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users