Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
FMD why does this always happen to us. Whats the point of even doing it now and not wait?
Its just b/c they have to really show they are 'doing something'.

There were a few ppl on this site who used to mock those of us who went on about culture being a vital part of success. Essendon actually demonstrate how true this remains. They have now seen the Blues, Pies get their *smile* together. Tigers for years now.
Its no longer working at Tullamarine and they will turn over another coach now.

Until they turn over those in charge, fully and with transparency, and develop a proper culture, their amateurish behaviour will take them nowhere.

Reactions: 5 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
If Essendon want Clarkson, they need to act fast
I've always been a Clarko fan. Will say that.

He will be super tempted by Essendon b/c its the big Club and money his ego will want. The marquee games like Anzac day and Dreamtime. But has a Malthouse to Carlton smell about it for me.

Reactions: 6 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I luv what the Bombers are doing. Same old mistakes.

Its what Worsfold said after he left... culture and the Board, not backing in the new ppl, etc etc

Long may they continue to sack the non-Essendon ppl!

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The death blow for Kangas if Clarko poached at last minute. Mass player exodus I reckon
Could be a blessing in disguise. I sense he’s yesterdays man. Which, if he is, would be beautiful to watch at Arsendon.

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I would not be wooried about losing to them Sat night. They are a rabble.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I reckon we need Clarko to get to Arsendon. I get this Malthouse-Carlton Pagan - Carlton feeling all over again.

In fact, Arsendon are largely replicating Nofinals-ton the last 15 years. Might as well continue !

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
I’ve a soft spot for Norf, so I hope Clarke goes there. I also hope the challenge of them being so far off, and even the desire to “give something back” to the game by saving a struggling, unglamorous but historic club might entice him.

Unfortunately, the Essendon gig ticks a few boxes too. Well-resourced, good fan-base, some talent on the list, the “days since finals” hoodoo to break - relatively easy kudos to win. Think it has attractions that coaching at few other clubs (even if there were vacancies) would have.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I would not be wooried about losing to them Sat night. They are a rabble.

Even if we did, we'd still be the away team in the Elimination Finals and the ladder is still too fluid to decide which side of the draw it's best to be on. But would much rather a complete meltdown by the players so we have a chance to get Lynch his Colman. Gaspargate type result would be lovely.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Bad business always beats good management. Not sure even ‘super coach’ Clarkson can overcome the shithole of mediocrity that Essendon have become.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Even if we did, we'd still be the away team in the Elimination Finals and the ladder is still too fluid to decide which side of the draw it's best to be on. But would much rather a complete meltdown by the players so we have a chance to get Lynch his Colman. Gaspargate type result would be lovely.
Finishing 8th means beating the Cats in the GF, rather than knocking them out in the prelim. which is better?

(Tho the cats might choke week 1- finishing 8th means we knock them out week 2- that is perfect.)