Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think Dan may also be on his way out at the Bombers.
Balme only agreed to return on the condition that Richardson was looked after. There was a degree of sensitivity involved, with Balme having played alongside and under his old man. Sheedy is in the same boat, but others at Essendon won’t feel any obligation.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Thought Carlton made a fair offer for Jack Martin last year, but Gold Coast could afford to reject it because they knew the AFL was riding to the rescue with priority picks. None of Essendon, Carlton or Saad can afford for him to nominate for the PSD.

Essendon traded a second-rounder for Saad and I think it's reasonable that Carlton would expect some change from pick #8.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I don't know Adrian Dodoro so I won't make this in any way personal. In fact, when I see him interviewed he seems quite a likeable chap. Speaks well and is respectful. I can see why people would like to work beside him.

But what the heck is going on with his/the Bombers' negotiating tactics?

Is it yet another example of the club's entitlement complex? I suspect so!

As @LeeToRainesToRoach says, Essendon got Saad for a future second-round pick (pick 35 in the 2018 draft, ended up with WCE and they drafted Bailey Williams with it).

Pick 35!

Yes, Saad has been really good at Essendon and at 26 with a strong record of durability, his value has certainly increased. But how can they seriously ask for someone like a Curnow, Walsh or McKay (all first round picks and really capable young players)? The alternative demand is just as silly -- pick 8 plus one of the most promising young rucks going around (de Koning).

Do they seriously think Saad has magically turned into a 50% player in the past three seasons? He's quality but he's a half back flanker!

They must think they are in the driver's seat here. But they're not. The player wants to leave. You've lost, Bombers. Now take your medicine.

Instead of embracing the chance to improve their culture by making the trade happen with respect for all parties, they want to play games. They think it's a chance to win; to extract maximum value; to posture for the benefit of their similarly entitled supporters. And around we go again.

I can't see this ending well, especially for Adam Saad.

And it begs the question: if you were a player, would you choose to disappear down the rabbit hole that is the Essendon Football Club?

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dodo has this idea that he must win the trade. Make the other club pay over and laugh in their face afterwards.
Most clubs look for a win/win situation. You never know what next year may bring up.
Like the club, dodo is still stuck in the 90's

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Dimma and his fellow assistants don't seem to have missed Caracella, Rutten and, to a far lesser degree, Richardson.
The sky certainly hasn't fallen in with Caracella's departure.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Well the sky has fallen in but the almighty must be colour blind as he got his sash colours mixed up cause the sky has crashed in on the bumbers that’s for sure - or maybe it crashed in many moons ago and hasn’t let up.

your right though, I was a bit worried when Blake left but we have just kept on rolling.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We should merge this with the other EFC mega-thread. Feel dirty having 2 EFC dedicated threads on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Dodo has this idea that he must win the trade. Make the other club pay over and laugh in their face afterwards.
Most clubs look for a win/win situation. You never know what next year may bring up.
Like the club, dodo is still stuck in the 90's
I said this exact same thing to people today. Sometimes a trade just needs to be done in everyone’s best interest so the club can move one. The “oneupmanship” component is just ridiculous in 2020, particularly when you haven’t won a flag in 20 years or a final in over 5000 days.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I said this exact same thing to people today. Sometimes a trade just needs to be done in everyone’s best interest so the club can move one. The “oneupmanship” component is just ridiculous in 2020, particularly when you haven’t won a flag in 20 years or a final in over 5000 days.
#5884. Sunday 7th February, 2021. #6000.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
A mate of mine interviewed a guy for a job recently. They talked a bit of footy and it turns out he was a Bombers fan.

My mate said to him "I am sure you'll fit right in here then", making a joke but the guy didn't seem to get it........

My mate works at the local Reject Shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
According to sources close to the club, significant portions of the Bombers' squad were unhappy at the way Richardson handled some issues in the media, including his lack of strong reaction to what was deemed an insulting Fox Footy montage aired to mark Cale Hooker's 200th game.

Richardson and Rutten were also both the subject of internal angst following the decision not to give a farewell game to ruckman Tom Bellchambers despite the fact the Bombers were out of the finals race.

(Balme looks off-limits as Dons seek experienced new football chief -- The Age)

See, now this ... this ... is just so typical of this woeful club.

What a pitiful mob they are proving to be.

Long may they eat their own!

• Angry

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
According to sources close to the club, significant portions of the Bombers' squad were unhappy at the way Richardson handled some issues in the media, including his lack of strong reaction to what was deemed an insulting Fox Footy montage aired to mark Cale Hooker's 200th game.

Richardson and Rutten were also both the subject of internal angst following the decision not to give a farewell game to ruckman Tom Bellchambers despite the fact the Bombers were out of the finals race.

What was the insulting Fox footy montage of Cale Hooker?

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
What was the insulting Fox footy montage of Cale Hooker?
I think it may have been a package of blunders and bloopers, concluding with his valiant chase of the Bud-wa while en route to goal of the year in 2010.

Do you think they're touchy, much?

• Haha
  • Wow

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Get your hands of Balme.

Glad he told them he wasn’t interested.

• Love

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
They actually had a point. I remember seeing it and thinking it was a *smile* go. Bloke busted his arse for 200 games and they played him making skills errors and getting goals kicked on him. It was pretty cheap stuff from Fox.
You're probably right. I think it was done in good humour, although I hope they did a package that celebrated his achievement too.

That said, not being able to have a laugh at themselves is just so ... Essendon-y.