Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Remember what happened after they had their last purge? Knights gone and replaced by professor Hird. I’m rubbing my hands together. Can’t wait to see them implode further

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Club is reeking of desperation again.
I’m expecting another “at all costs” play again soon.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I'm amazed to be saying this but I reckon Rutten is a dead man walking.

Hasn't yet coached a single game in his own right, but won't be cut any slack by the league's most entitled supporter and coterie groups.

And now with his biggest supporter out the door, who has his back? If he doesn't return this wretched mob to the eight next season, he's next on the block. Lock it in.

Essendon is like a spoiled child.

They covet what's not theirs, move Heaven and Earth to get it then instantly go looking for the next shiny thing.

Reactions: 4 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Remember what happened after they had their last purge? Knights gone and replaced by professor Hird. I’m rubbing my hands together. Can’t wait to see them implode further
I would pay to see that!

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm amazed to be saying this but I reckon Rutten is a dead man walking.

Hasn't yet coached a single game in his own right, but won't be cut any slack by the league's most entitled supporter and coterie groups.

And now with his biggest supporter out the door, who has his back? If he doesn't return this wretched mob to the eight next season, he's next on the block. Lock it in.

Essendon is like a spoiled child.

They covet what's not theirs, move Heaven and Earth to get it then instantly go looking for the next shiny thing.

Good luck with that, can't see Essendon contending for the 8 for a while yet.

Next they'll make a play for Hardwick just watch..

Which probably explains why we're trying to extend his contract. Why would he want to leave? Maybe the challenge?

DS

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Jason McCartney goes whack!

"The Caldwell [trade] was a millimetre away from not getting done either. That's Essendon: target a player, high quality, get him in the door, and then not [be] prepared to stump up the price to actually facilitate the deal."

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Looks like someone finally told us what he really thinks.

I wonder how many Football managers tell their players that they will help them get to another club, as long as they don’t choose Essendon? Who needs to waste another week of his life negotiating with Dodoro?

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
They won trade period again though. Even the Mongrel Punt had them on top.
There’s lots of winners this time of year. So far it’s :

Essendon for getting 3 top 10 picks
Carlton for getting Williams and Saad
Geelong are flag favourites for ‘21 after getting Cameron, Higgins and Smith
Western Bulldogs now have the best midfield brigade after getting Treloar.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They always seem to get lauded for winning trade period. Such a shame that they’re no good at the most important part of footy; the games played out on the ground!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
If they keep winning trade period why is it 20 years since a flag and almost 6000 days since a finals win.
Be sure to remind the entitled twats.

• Haha
  • Love

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Just looking at Bomberblitz. They had over 38,000 posts on their trade threads. It really is their grand final.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Heard a couple of Bombers supporters on the radio today saying their list is vastly overrated and their coterie group runs the club. Has the penny finally dropped? Everyone outside of them have been saying this for years, particularly about their list. FFS Robbo picked them to be premiers in 2018, probably 2019 as well.

Said they are light years away from Richmond, and that none of their players would make our team even Ridley their B&F winner. Conversely said there are players in our 2s who would walk into their team. Another one said they need a bold vision as Benny gave us.

I get the feeling we now have respect....took a while

Truck was interviewed and said they want to get back to being a blue collar team like the 80s. Someone rang in and said why the *smile* did they delist Towner then? Said he's the toughest player in the AFL.

They are years off being anything, and I don't think the Essendonians will have that much patience with Truck ;)

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They are years off being anything, and I don't think the Essendonians will have that much patience with Truck ;)
The Essendonians probably want Sheedy as coach and Hird at CHF!! :rotfl2 :rotfl2

Reactions: 3 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Deluded rabble run by moneyed linament sniffers. Sheedy coming back onto the board is a sure sign that the rot will continue for quite time. A shame for Truck but good for football. There's only one sash that matters.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I always hoped this would happen. We’d rise up the ladder and wave to them as they slid down it. Never thought it would really come to pass, though.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just watching us play the Bombers from 2016, geez the orange sash looks crap now, love the Premiership Puma Yellow

Reactions: 7 users