ETS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ETS

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Giardiasis said:
Because it is very expensive and does not supply base load power.

A) The whole point of an ETS is to put a price on pollution to promote incentives for solar energy research research.

b) The whole base load issue is a bit of a furphy. Firstly, solar power proponents reckon base load capacity is possible now, or not far off, and also even if so called 'base load' power isn;t possible, promoting solar would still greatly reduce the need for base load coal, which is still a win.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
tigersnake said:
A) The whole point of an ETS is to put a price on pollution to promote incentives for solar energy research research.

That won't happen. They'll simply raise prices to maintain their bottom line.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
tigersnake said:

b) The whole base load issue is a bit of a furphy. Firstly, solar power proponents reckon base load capacity is possible now, or not far off, and also even if so called 'base load' power isn;t possible, promoting solar would still greatly reduce the need for base load coal, which is still a win.
A) The ETS is supposed to make CO2 emitting industry less viable. That is not restricted to energy use.

B) How is it possible when it is not sunny all day? Given how little energy it can produce, I don't think you will be storing too much excess. You do realise that industry is the major user of energy in society and it needs power 24/7, not like the fluctuating demand from urban usage. So promoting solar wouldn't be a win because Australia makes most of its money from energy intensive industry and we are good at it because that energy is cheap. Take that away and this country will lose big time.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Freezer said:
That won't happen. They'll simply raise prices to maintain their bottom line.

? Yeah it will happen. Prices will go up, but thats a separate issue. Power being too cheap has been at the root of the problem.

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
ets is dead in the water ,,,,, :clap :clap :clap copenhagen has proved the folly of rudd and wong's "look at me policy". thank christ the mad monk intervened before turnball and rudd led us down the road to ruin...

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
ssstone said:
ets is dead in the water ,,,,, :clap :clap :clap copenhagen has proved the folly of rudd and wong's "look at me policy". thank christ the mad monk intervened before turnball and rudd led us down the road to ruin...
Exactly

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
tigersnake said:
? Yeah it will happen. Prices will go up, but thats a separate issue. Power being too cheap has been at the root of the problem.
explain how tiggy?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
ssstone said:
explain how tiggy?

No price on carbon, its free to pollute the atmostphere, which actually has a huge cost. All this whole process is doing is making us all pay the true cost of power. In my book, it really ain't that big a deal.