Government Stimulus package. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Government Stimulus package.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Depends on your circumstances TE. Apparently a one-off bonus of up to $900 for taxpayers, earning less than $100,000, will be paid in April.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Was told they start going in today.....was also told for single parents they get extra 900 ;D....dont quote me on that

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC
My understanding is that the family related bonuses are being paid this week and next, and the tax payer bonuses are being paid in april.

We should be getting a few thousand, which is good since I just lost my job.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
thejinx said:
My understanding is that the family related bonuses are being paid this week and next, and the tax payer bonuses are being paid in april.

Do you think the stimulus package, if handed out earlier, would have saved your job?
And are you going to go out and spend the money....as thats the idea of the stimulus?

(TigerExtra....some info too int he article below about when the payments come out)

Payments will support jobs, says Treasurer Wayne Swan
Parents, carers and farmers will start receiving bonus payments of up to $950 this week as part of a $42 billion fiscal stimulus package.
"Now these bonuses are a key part of our efforts to support jobs by strengthening demand in the economy so that companies can afford to keep on and employ workers because there is sufficient demand in the economy," Mr Swan told Question Time.

Treasury forecasts released last month predicted the unemployment rate would climb to seven per cent by mid-2010 as 300,000 jobs were lost.
The jobless rate was 4.8 per cent in January.
Single-income families and households receiving Family Tax Benefit A will both get a one-off payment of $900.
Eligible drought-affected farmers will receive $950 hardship payments from March 24, the same time a $950 one-off training and learning bonus and education entry payment is paid to eligible students.
The one-off bonus of up to $900 for taxpayers earning less than $100,000 will flow from April.

In December, pensioners and low-income families were on the receiving end of cash payments from a $10.4 billion package.
The coalition opposes the government's second fiscal stimulus package.
Mr Swan quoted a speech former treasurer Peter Costello, delivered in 2001 during the last global economic slowdown, to undermine the opposition's position.
"Back in 2001 the Member for Higgins had ... a lot to say about strengthening demand in the economy," Mr Swan said.
"He said: 'Insufficiently vigorous policies may result in a deeper and longer global downturn'."

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
thejinx said:

I got $1900.00 paid into my bank(sorry Kevin I'm not going spend it just yet, still more sh!t to come) yesterday and we have 2 kids, sorry to hear about you losting your job jinx I don't think you will be the only one.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Thousands of foreigners splurge stimulus overseas

Rick Feneley
March 12, 2009

BARBARA TOKLEY was grateful, if a little embarrassed, to receive $1400 from the Rudd Government as part of its stimulus package to bolster the Australian economy. The trouble is, she is not an Australian citizen, she has not lived here since 1969, and she has spent every cent stimulating the New Zealand economy.

A lovely trekking holiday on the South Island, thank you very much. "It was like winning the lottery," she told the Herald. Ms Tokley, 69, a British-born resident of Auckland, is among thousands of non-Australians whose bank accounts in 21 other countries have swollen with Kevin Rudd's stimulus funds.

Yesterday, the first $900 bonuses from his second, $42 billion stimulus package began landing in Australians' bank accounts, and experts will argue over how much of this might be spent stimulating the economy. But there is no disputing that the millions paid to other countries' pensioners - as part of Mr Rudd's first, $10 billion stimulus package - will do nothing to stimulate Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/thousands-of-foreigners-splurge-stimulus-overseas-20090311-8vcg.html?page=1

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
I'm curious to know what database they plucked the names from. If it was the ATO you would assume non-residents living overseas would not be paying tax here anymore, but who knows :-\

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
TIGEREXTRA said:
I havent done my tax return for last year and someone told me that I wont get the payment now, is that correct?

Lodge it before June 30th and you'll be fine!

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
evo said:

Rick Feneley
March 12, 2009

BARBARA TOKLEY was grateful, if a little embarrassed, to receive $1400 from the Rudd Government as part of its stimulus package to bolster the Australian economy. The trouble is, she is not an Australian citizen, she has not lived here since 1969, and she has spent every cent stimulating the New Zealand economy.

A lovely trekking holiday on the South Island, thank you very much. "It was like winning the lottery," she told the Herald. Ms Tokley, 69, a British-born resident of Auckland, is among thousands of non-Australians whose bank accounts in 21 other countries have swollen with Kevin Rudd's stimulus funds.

Yesterday, the first $900 bonuses from his second, $42 billion stimulus package began landing in Australians' bank accounts, and experts will argue over how much of this might be spent stimulating the economy. But there is no disputing that the millions paid to other countries' pensioners - as part of Mr Rudd's first, $10 billion stimulus package - will do nothing to stimulate Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/thousands-of-foreigners-splurge-stimulus-overseas-20090311-8vcg.html?page=1

:rofl
Typical joke from the Chairman and his comrades.

And don't forget the "Australians" that are here who will send their money 'back home'.

What a waste of OUR money! :mad:

Thanks for voting this tool in you knobs who voted for "Kevin07"......now we all have to put up with "Fucked09" :help

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:

Rick Feneley
March 12, 2009

How the hell does that happen?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
I'm curious to know what database they plucked the names from. If it was the ATO you would assume non-residents living overseas would not be paying tax here anymore, but who knows :-\

AFAIK it was the ATO, its based on your last tax return. So these people must have submitted and Australian tax return. Not saying its not a *smile* up just that the situation is probably more complex than how its portrayed.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
470_niagaragraphic-420x0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/national/have-a-stimulating-holiday--on-us-20090312-8wgw.html

< ETS | K-rudd >