Even Geelong was competitive at subiaco! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Even Geelong was competitive at subiaco!

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Pathetic. Losing Stafford was a massive loss, but they have offered little. Just when you think they may have turned the corner, they put in a diabolical performance like this. They may make the 8, but unless they get an armchair ride from the AFL with MCG finals, they will be flogged interstate. We will never get respect with performances like this, unlike Collingwood.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Would have been surpised to do much better after losing COGS and STAFF before the game. Having no Ruckman meant they controlled the centre which put the backline under enormous pressure

What was even worse was having to listen to it on 6PR. I have never heard such biased called. I take back all I ever said about Eddie. George (who ever his is) made Eddie look like a pies hater.

He didn't even know the names of half the team other than to refer to them as the Richmond player.

Makes next week a big game against the swans

Campbo was obviously not 100%

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Not having any other tall replacements shows a real lack of planning, Schulz really had to be an emergency if Staff and Hall were both doubtful.

Campbell was about 50% fit, so much for Danny not playing anyone who is underdone

And as for the radio, that was even worse than eddie. But 'richmond player', had a great game, plenty of the ball, actually marked his own kicks a few times, top effort

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Just a couple of questions for Danny and the selection Committee:

1. Why play Campbell when he is no where near fit?

2. Why not fly *smile* Schulz over instead of taking a team of *smile* midgets along?

3. Why hasn't Rory Hilton been put in the Magoos yet?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I was really impressed with their first quarter, really hard, but they just stopped. 11 unanswered goals is just not good enough from a side with finals aspirations. Hilton needs a good foot up the arse, Cameron was unsigted, Kracker was given a lesson by Wiirapunda, Newman and Zantuck have a lot to learn on close checking. They were damn lucky the losing margin wasnt higher.
I felt sorry for Vardy, but he didnt do a bad job at all.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Apparently we named Hall as an emergency in the hope he would be fit if Stafford didnt come up, but it was obviously decided Hall wasnt fit, as he didnt travel to Perth.

Team picked Thursday night, fly out Friday, seems like some really bad planning and decision making. Schulz should have been flown to Perth straight away, played and we should have copped the fine, or notified the AFL on Friday when we knew, which would have allowed us to alter our emergencies.

Would have been a good chance for Jay to learn from a top liner in Gardiner. Vardy gave his all tonight, thought he did pretty well really, the stats say we were killed in the hit outs, but he tried, gave a contest and took on two all night, great effort Royce

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
Pathetic. Losing Stafford was a massive loss, but they have offered little. Just when you think they may have turned the corner, they put in a diabolical performance like this. They may make the 8, but unless they get an armchair ride from the AFL with MCG finals, they will be flogged interstate. We will never get respect with performances like this, unlike Collingwood.
pathetic?hmmmm 60 pts down 3rd qtr looked like a 100pt loss coming up.the boys fought it out. you must be really in your element here diggler its taken 6 weeks for an effort like this its great that we have your well balanced opinion on the side. its apity its only when we lose that you show up.
but then again with no talls apart from richo we should have won hey.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
diggler said:
I heard Hall failed a test to play, is this true?

100% correct Diggler. Ray Hall did not come up.

As to the comments about Jay Schulz. I am a huge Jay fan but I don't think he would of made an ounce of difference. I think it is a thin line between between playing a kid so he can gain experience and simply throwing him to the wolves.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Huh? Jay Schulz is 100 kilos, better to throw him to the wolves than throw lightweights Pettifer and King to the wolves. Sit him in the goal square. It couldn't have been worse than what happened out there tonight!

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
JohnF said:
Huh? Jay Schulz is 100 kilos, better to throw him to the wolves than throw lightweights Pettifer and King to the wolves. Sit him in the goal square. It couldn't have been worse than what happened out there tonight!
why play a kid who from all reports isnt up to it yet.you would do more harm than good. think long term.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Thats it Johnston 2 Richo, pat em on the back for getting flogged by 9 goals. Good effort boys. Really good sides dont get 11 unanswered goals kicked on em, regardless of being undermanned. As I said previously, just when you think they have turned a corner, they put in an absolute shocker interstate again. When they are able to be competitive against the topline sides, I will shut up.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Did Razor do the test first thing Friday morning before the team flew out?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
He didnt make the trip rosy, so i would assume so.

Surely if we had of told the AFL we would have been able to change our emergencies. I'm not sure of the exact rules regarding this, but surely 2 days would be enough notice

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
Surely if we had of told the AFL we would have been able to change our emergencies. I'm not sure of the exact rules regarding this, but surely 2 days would be enough notice

The rule regarding playing players not named as emergencies goes something like this...

It is allowed as long as you notify the AFL and the opposition before the game (I think 24 hours) like Essendon did when they played us and played Bannister. Tjey didn't get fined because everyone knew.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
Thats it Johnston 2 Richo, pat em on the back for getting flogged by 9 goals. Good effort boys. Really good sides dont get 11 unanswered goals kicked on em, regardless of being undermanned. As I said previously, just when you think they have turned a corner, they put in an absolute shocker interstate again. When they are able to be competitive against the topline sides, I will shut up.
11 unaswered was pathetic but richmond of the past it would have been 20 unaswered.
but by all means keep doing what ya do best and keep talkin negative dribble that you seem to get a kick out of.
we lost big deal what side hasnt lost over there this year?
put a bit of prosepective into things.
what other side would do better with only one tall in the side?

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Fair enough Schulz may not have been up to competing with Gardiner, but hey who is up to it?

What i don't understand is the "harm" that could be done. For Heaven's sakes we aren't sending the kid to Vietnam to fight in a war, whats the worst thing that could happen to him? He's goign to come back with flashbacks of Gardiner tapping the ball out and develop an inferiority complex? What a bumch of *smile*. If he was given a talking to before the game and told that all that is required was a bit of competition then he would have been ok. THE WORSt thing that could have happened was that he would gain some confidence.

He should have been selected and chucked at full forward. He would have got good experience. And it could have allowed Richo and Vardy to change in the ruck.

Sorry if I sound overly negative folks, no personal attacks intended, i'm just pissed off.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKk

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I saw the game, Gardiner had little influence. Vardy did ok. The problem was were arent hard enough at the ball as soon as we leave the state! Next month will be a big test, Brisbane and Adelaide interstate.
The were absolutely fantastic in the first quarter, but stopped completely.