Evolution vs Creationism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Evolution vs Creationism

How should the orignin of life be taught in Science classes in Australian Schools?

• Evolution should be the only theory taught in science

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Creationism should be taught in science as an alternative theory.

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Actually with Buddhism, isn't the perception of our senses an illusion? The reality is what Buddha experienced during enlightenment. An interesting thought.

Or is there such a thing as reality in Buddhism. Another interesting thought.

Sorry I've never been one to answer every post directed at me. I'm not Disco08 or Jayfox. I'm a bit over the thread, but an interesting topic nevertheless.

No... well sort of... it's a simplistic interpretation of a more complex idea.

Buddhism essentially states that we are part of a universe that is real and causal. Real things happen and have real effects. However, we experience and filter this universe through our perceptions and ultimately our thoughts/mind. Most of our experience is based in "mind" so we perceive that we are independent and separate from the universe (as a conscious individual) when in fact we are a part of all the systems and processes and natural laws just as much as everything else in the universe.

This is very similar to an idea expressed by Albert Einstein.

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. "

antman said:
No... well sort of... it's a simplistic interpretation of a more complex idea.

Buddhism essentially states that we are part of a universe that is real and causal. Real things happen and have real effects. However, we experience and filter this universe through our perceptions and ultimately our thoughts/mind. Most of our experience is based in "mind" so we perceive that we are independent and separate from the universe (as a conscious individual) when in fact we are a part of all the systems and processes and natural laws just as much as everything else in the universe.

This is very similar to an idea expressed by Albert Einstein.

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. "
I'm a quantum buddhist.

poppa x said:
Since the world became smaller due to fast air travel, and as populations move around the globe, it's not inconceivable that within several thousand years there will be no black or white people or any other colour. We'll all be similar and that is evolution in action.
We see it happening (slowly) in Australia at present. My kids are half chinese (wife's side) and half Anglo (my side).

Just a thought.
"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep *smile*' everybody 'til they're all the same color." - Bulworth.