Extraordinary general meeting | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Extraordinary general meeting

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Copied from an e-mail from David Clayton. I'm sure he won't mind. :)

From the club's articles of association:
--------
6.4 Extraordinary General Meeting

6.4.1 Subject to section 248 D of the Act, on a requisition in writing signed by at least one hundred members with their addresses and their membership ticket numbers, being delivered to the Secretary, he shall within twenty-one days from receiving such requisition call an Extraordinary General Meeting of the members of the Club by giving twenty-one days notice of the same by advertisement in the daily press. The
requisition must state precisely the objects of such meeting including any resolution to be proposed and such objects shall appear in the advertisement in the same or a more abbreviated form.

6.4.2 The Board shall have power to call an Extraordinary General Meeting of the club whenever it may have matters under consideration upon which it
deems necessary or desirable to obtain the ruling of the members. The same notice shall be given as provided for an Extraordinary General Meeting called on a requisition of members.
-------
13 DISQUALIFICATION OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The office of a member of the Board shall be ipso facto vacated:

(a) If he becomes bankrupt.

(b) If he be declared lunatic or be confined in a lunatic asylum or in gaol as a lunatic.

(c) If he be convicted of any felony or misdemeanour.

(d) If he becomes from any cause incapable of attending to his duties.

(e) If he commits any act in breach of any of these Articles or the by-laws of the Club rendering his membership liable to forfeiture or suspension.

(f) If he shall be absent from three consecutive Board meetings without the consent of the Board.

(g) If the Members by Ordinary Resolution at either an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting vote to disqualify a member of the Board, even though the member's term has not expired. The Members may then at any such meeting vote to appoint another party to the office of member of the Board.
--------

All it takes is 100 members signatures on a petition to get an EGM, and then at least 200 people to be there to form a quorum for it to be valid.

The whole board could be replaced by the votes (including proxies) at that meeting.

(b) If he be declared lunatic or be confined in a lunatic asylum or in gaol as a lunatic.

;D    :-X

'I don't want to say anything in case I say something'  ;D

Thanks for posting that Rosy.  8)

Tigerdog said:

That seems to fit.

Fits most members as well I would have thought. WE put up with this *smile* year in year out.

Tigerdog said:

That also rules out the Darkside from standing ;D ;D