Extraordinary People | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Extraordinary People

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Was going to post this on the Woke thread but it seems so unworthy so thought I would start a new topic in a more positive vein in which we can celebrate amazing people.

Meg Smaker. An extraordinary woman. Smart, courageous, unbreakable and swimming in integrity.

Listen to her in conversation with Sam Harris. It is such a compelling story that after her conversation with Harris her gofundme grew from $3000 to currently $466,000 and counting. Heart warming.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-unredacted-jihad-rehab

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive got a brand new hero - donnell wallum indig netballer about to international debut - refuses to wear hancock prospecting sponsor logo.

Jeez that takes mettle.

You're my hero Donnell :clap2

Old and new heroes?

This is the place

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dr Dinesh Palipana

Amazing interview. Amazing man.
Kurt Fearnley interviews Emergency doctor Dinesh Palipana who was only the second person with quadriplegia to graduate as a doctor in Australia.
Incredible person & so inspirational.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Dr Dinesh Palipana

Amazing interview. Amazing man.
Kurt Fearnley interviews Emergency doctor Dinesh Palipana who was only the second person with quadriplegia to graduate as a doctor in Australia.
Incredible person & so inspirational.
Yeah, watched it the other night. .... hard to get your head around how someone can be that resilient. Outstanding human being.

Reactions: 1 user

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Two mates of mine (both passed on) who went to the Vietnam War served in the Australian Army Training Team Vietnam (AATTV), both hard men loved the blokes they served with, loved a drink and could also could tell amazing stories about their time over in Vietnam. I guess, I was fortunate that they told me these stories. Of the many stories none is better in a sad way about Kevin "Dasher" Wheatley, extraordinary person, hero. Every Australian should know what he did.

Playing forward pocket who would you pick Sheedy or Dasher?

Bit more detail.

Last edited: