Holland back to the field | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Holland back to the field

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
5:42:09 PM Wed 16 April, 2003
Samantha Lane
afl.com.au

Ben Holland will make his long-awaited return to footy this weekend, albeit in a very low-profile capacity.

The Tigers’ VFL affiliate Coburg has a bye on the Easter weekend, so Holland will take to the field with the Coburg reserves team instead.

Holland’s 2003 season was ended in round four last year when he suffered a serious knee injury at Subiaco Oval. But finally, his recovery is nearing an end.

“It’s really good news for Ben. He’s going to return with Coburg in the twos on Saturday afternoon, which is a really good sign,” Richmond football operations manager Greg Hutchison said on Wednesday.

“He’s been out for a long time now, and he’s done a lot of work in the last six weeks. It’s really exciting for him, and it’s really exciting for Richmond supporters to see him running around again.”

But Hutchison said it would be a while yet before Holland returned to senior action, forecasting the important key position player would need at least three weeks to find his feet at VFL level.

“He’s a long way off playing AFL football. We need to play him for three or four weeks at least in the VFL before he’ll even be considered for AFL football.”

Mark Dragicevic, Andrew Krakouer and Adam Pickering will join Holland in this weekend’s reserves game.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Mark Dragicevic, Andrew Krakouer and Adam Pickering will join Holland in this weekend’s reserves game.

Great to see Dutchy as well as dragga playing again albeit in a VFL reserves game :).

Hopefully Andy Krakouer playing is only to build up his match fitness and not for anything else which has been rumoured.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I agree it's great to see Ben and Dragga stepping back into the fray. I feel Ben finally found his spot working hand in hand with Gas across the HB line. The Tiges missed him a lot last year. I've been waiting with anticipation for his return. Hopefully everything goes well for him in his first few hit-outs and he'll get back into the seniors and add that much needed support down back. IMO he was one of the key reasons Richmond played so well in '02, providing solid marking defence as well as drive off the HB line.

Good luck Dutchie and Dragga!!!!!! ;D

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Tenacious Tiges said:
IMO he was one of the key reasons Richmond played so well in '02, providing solid marking defence as well as drive off the HB line.

Doi, I meant season '01.

Silly me :-[