Finals tickets Richmond v Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals tickets Richmond v Brisbane

tiger95

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014
Hey guys, anyone planning on buying tickets tomorrow?

I can work remotely so I moved from Melbourne up to QLD via Byron Bay just before the second lockdown and have been going to all the Tigers games up here.

Some mates who are AFL members with Richmond nominated as their club said they got an email saying they couldn’t use their memberships to buy tickets this year.

I’m just a regular Richmond VIC member (not an AFL member or anything). I’ll be spewing if they block me from buying tickets tomorrow, after having been to all the games up here this season.

Anyone know?

Reactions: 1 user

I can work remotely so I moved from Melbourne up to QLD via Byron Bay just before the second lockdown and have been going to all the Tigers games up here.

Some mates who are AFL members with Richmond nominated as their club said they got an email saying they couldn’t use their memberships to buy tickets this year.

I’m just a regular Richmond VIC member (not an AFL member or anything). I’ll be spewing if they block me from buying tickets tomorrow, after having been to all the games up here this season.

Anyone know?
I got that AFL email. They were basically reminding that afl membership tickets aren’t transferable. I doubt they’ll block you buying. Especially if you escaped lockdown like yourself.

I got that AFL email. They were basically reminding that afl membership tickets aren’t transferable. I doubt they’ll block you buying. Especially if you escaped lockdown like yourself.

Think they are transferable, if you can prove that you live in Queensland. A Queensland car licence, rates notice, power bill with a Queensland address and your name on it. Don't know about Tiges memberships might be the same.

Think they are transferable, if you can prove that you live in Queensland. A Queensland car licence, rates notice, power bill with a Queensland address and your name on it. Don't know about Tiges memberships might be the same.
That’s not what transferable means... it means you can’t give them to anyone else.

Reactions: 1 users

Anyone know?
Call the membership dept.
I think there was an email to members recently to get their details updated if they had moved to Qld.
If anyone knows, they will

Got my tickets. Took what was offered first up. M16 at top price. Have had to sit in restricted view before and had a small section of the field blocked. The Ticketmaster site actually gives you a number in the queue. Had 1500 ahead of me at 9 and did a countdown in clusters and went through in about 45 seconds. Ticketek can die.

Reactions: 2 users
By transferable I mean someone else can’t use it on your behalf. As long as you’re in Queensland you’d be able to use your own membership. They can’t question that.

will be interesting to see what the crowd ratio will be on friday. I went up to brisbane last year and reckon we had about a third of the crowd.

By transferable I mean someone else can’t use it on your behalf. As long as you’re in Queensland you’d be able to use your own membership. They can’t question that.
The way I read AfL member email was that it wasn't valid for any one from Vicorian. Like you cannot use it to go a final at SCG in other years. It's really an MCG and Docklands membership even though they tell us it's a national comp.

will be interesting to see what the crowd ratio will be on friday. I went up to brisbane last year and reckon we had about a third of the crowd.

I was there too. To me felt more like 50/50, but was sitting in a richmond area. Belter of a night! Went for a few beers at the pineapple afterwards. Damn I wish I could do it again. So exited for those able to attend. Its your duty to make the richmond army be heard loud and proud!

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like crying :(

2017 - I went to all games except Rd 4 up in Brisbane, road trips to Mt Gambier & Moe for PreSeason & 5 Interstate trips - 26 games all up
2018 - I went to every game, road trip to Wang & up the road to Ikon for pre season, 5 interstate trips - 26 games all up
2019 - I went to every game, road trip to Shep, flight to Launceston for pre season , 6 interstate trips - 27 games all up
2020 - Road trips to Wang & Wagga for pre season........................

I actually miss the *smile* fight that is Ticketek getting finals tix

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
The way I read AfL member email was that it wasn't valid for any one from Vicorian. Like you cannot use it to go a final at SCG in other years. It's really an MCG and Docklands membership even though they tell us it's a national comp.
You could read it that way too. But surely if I happen to be in Queensland with my Vic membership they're not going to stop me? I'm in Abu Dhabi so it's not worth arguing the point with the AFL :p
1601284838905.png

• Sad
I purchased 4 general tickets (bay 12 row U) so on the bottom level, but now the fam can’t get there. If anyone is after tickets or knows someone who is, let me know and I’ll see if they are interested. Cheers

I’m still waiting for the SMS from ticketek
My card has been charged
That’s strange - I got my email just after booking but have t received an sms; the email this morning mentions no gaps between rows or groups and strongly recommends face masks in and out.