To Radelaide or not to Radelaide, that is the question | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

To Radelaide or not to Radelaide, that is the question

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
So being in Qld, I can travel freely to Adelaide. With Victorians unable to cross the border I'm feeling an emotional pull to make the trip to help support the boys. I also haven't seen us lose a game live since 2016 so I'm a bit of a good luck charm.

I've never been to a game in Adelaide before. I know its feral. I also have a large mouth at the footy.

My question is, is it worth the cost ($1k for flights and accom)? Is the environment that feral that i won't enjoy the experience? How likely is it that I will get into a fight with my big mouth?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I went from Vic in 2014 for the elimination final and gee it was tough.

If you can why not?!

Head to the Grace Emily Hotel for a quiet beer afterwards win or lose.

Reactions: 1 user
Bloody oath it is , priceless expirence , great just to have a look at the Adelaide oval , they’ll be plenty of Tiges about and all Crows supporters will be barracking for the Tiges

p.S I don’t recommend swimming in the river Torrens by choice or otherwise

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Only been once, 2014 EF. There was one Port feral at the end of the game bouncing around on yippee beans and trying to pick fights with Richmond supporters. He got shut down by a woman tipping a beer over his head.

No other issues, but not sure what it would be like if we were actually winning.

Yeah, I went to that 2014 final. Had a great trip. Stayed in Glenelg, caught the tram to the game. Had a good chat pre-game to the bloke behind us and his teenage daughter, told him how we'd driven over. He was nice, then 10 minutes into the game he was screaming in my ear, "IT'S A LONG DRIVE HOME, RICHMOND!"

We got very drunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So being in Qld, I can travel freely to Adelaide. With Victorians unable to cross the border I'm feeling an emotional pull to make the trip to help support the boys. I also haven't seen us lose a game live since 2016 so I'm a bit of a good luck charm.

I've never been to a game in Adelaide before. I know its feral. I also have a large mouth at the footy.

My question is, is it worth the cost ($1k for flights and accom)? Is the environment that feral that i won't enjoy the experience? How likely is it that I will get into a fight with my big mouth?

Bris, be very careful, I went over to Adelaide for the final we lost against Port, i don't have a big mouth but my mate Taztiger4 has ;) in a case of mistaken identity I were close to being on the end of a beating from a couple of feral Port Adelaide thugs, (and that was after the game when they were in a good mood after they had won :rolleyes: ).

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

get down there Bris. talking on your mobile phone in your car costs a grand these days.

im considering going myself.

im a lover, but if ever there was a hill I was gonna die on, it'd be Port Adelaide without doubt.

like my kids say 'you gotta riskit to get the biscuit'

book now

Reactions: 2 users
Bris, be very careful, I went over to Adelaide for the final we lost against Port, i don't have a big mouth but my mate Taztiger4 has ;) in a case of mistaken identity I were close to being on the end of a beating from a couple of feral Port Adelaide thugs, (and that was after the game when they were in a good mood after they had won :rolleyes: ).
I only got away with it cause I was pushing Asha in the pram :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Yeah, I went to that 2014 final. Had a great trip. Stayed in Glenelg, caught the tram to the game. Had a good chat pre-game to the bloke behind us and his teenage daughter, told him how we'd driven over. He was nice, then 10 minutes into the game he was screaming in my ear, "IT'S A LONG DRIVE HOME, RICHMOND!"

We got very drunk.

Its one of those pitfalls in life, when you are friendly to someone at the footy who turns out to be a complete *smile*.

they should teach the kids in schools how to avoid this situation.

I only got away with it cause I was pushing Asha in the pram :)
I wouldn’t think he has a big mouth , I think his very curtious to the opposition fans in pointing out the scoreboard and the standard of there players and city :))

• Haha

It’s your duty to all us Richmond supporters that you go.
I drove to Adelaide when we last played those ferals in a final. My God they are horrible.

Went to footy park in 2006 , was JONs debut game , sat amongst the Ferala with Jayfox , at 3/4 time we were up by about 5 goals , I’ve never seen a venue clear out so quick , I started looking for fire trucks . Never had any trouble at footy park , however since they’ve been at Adelaide oval there clearly the most feral moronic supporters going around ( in general that is )

Go Bris.
Enjoy it you lucky guy.

OUR GOOD LUCK CHARM

Do it Bris. The club needs you!

Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users