First final opponent | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

First final opponent

First final

• Brisbane st the Gabba

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • Geelong at the MCG

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Essendon at the MCG

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Would be nice to burst Brisbane's bubble both at home and away

Reactions: 1 user

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
I think our coaching panel should be working on a few different ways to beat the Lions. We don’t want a situation like the North final. More than one way to skin a Big cat:))

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
If anyone last year offered us a home preliminary final just by beating Brisbane twice (home and away legs) we’d have broken our arm accepting the offer.

As much as i’d prefer to have a home final first week, this is very true.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Put it this way. Geelong, rubbish as they are, pretty much controlled Bris for 3 and a half Qs at the Gabba and got pipped in the last minute. I know we are a 5g better side than Geel.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
If anyone last year offered us a home preliminary final just by beating Brisbane twice (home and away legs) we’d have broken our arm accepting the offer.
Except Brisbane this year is a different proposition than Brisbane last year , but I get your point ,

we get a close up look at Brisbane today and them us , it’s an interesting one for them I guess , if we beat them in a close one , they will probably like their chances next week , if we thrash them , we could inflict psychological damage , if they beat us , they might like the idea of playing us next week except they won’t .

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
The
Brisbane is 1949 points for and 1612 points against
Richmond is 1810 points for and 1609 point against. Any mathematicians out there?
need to win by 147 points ? think we can forget that one if I have that correct

Last edited:

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Prestia and Grimes in doubt.
Garthwaite has replaced Ross on emergency list.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Has the premiership favourite ever gone into the final round not guaranteed the double chance?

surely not?

very strange season.

4 points is the magic number to finish 3rd

62 points is the magic number to finish 2nd.

think the tigers will be aiming for the 4 points, and if they find themselves 40 up at 3/4, they'll be going for the 62 points.