First final opponent | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

First final opponent

First final

• Brisbane st the Gabba

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • Geelong at the MCG

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Essendon at the MCG

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Assuming Bullies win today, they finish 7th, and play GWS in Sydney week 1. Eagles play Bombers in Perth, if Richmond win.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We need a neat 11 goal thrashing (to round it to the nearest goal.

And my fellow pre-enders, it’s been done before and if my memory serves me correctly, if we just repeat our game against the lions the last time we played em at the home of footy would be ample.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
We won’t fear Brisbane in Brisbane.

I actually think we’ll play them again in the GF, looking at the predictor.

Which, obviously, is a dream result.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Seems to be:

- If we win by a bit over 10 goals we play Brisbane at the G
- If we win by a small margin we play Brisbane at the Gabba
- If we draw we play Geelong at the G
- If we lose we probably play Essington at the G

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ive got a feeling we might get the crows and the blues.
No one in the comp is better then us.
If we dont win it from here, it will hurt more then last year.
No trips to perth
The only chance of a interstate game is at venue we haven’t lost at since god walked the planet.
We don’t win this years flag. With prestia martin lynch edwards grimes and Castagna in career best form, i want Hardwick gone.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
No you have it wrong, if we win our % goes up & theirs goes down !!!

If we won say 100-37 we go 2nd, 100-38 we stay 3rd
Of course , I forget about there’s going down , it was early :)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
haha. what would happen if we were 1 point up with 2 seconds to go, and we booted a 20m goal for them?
That'd be deliberate as we're more than 9metres from the goal line..... make it under 9 and we should be all good....
However. .... there's the supplementary Richmond rule which will be enacted in that instance to **** us over...... somehow!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We won’t fear Brisbane in Brisbane.

I actually think we’ll play them again in the GF, looking at the predictor.

Which, obviously, is a dream result.

The only fault ive got of our side is when we lose we dont pounce back the week after. Especially if we get slapped

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Exactly how much we need to win by depends on how high-scoring the game is.
Assuming the season average match aggregate of 160, we would have to win 112-48 to overtake Brisbane.
111-49 would not be enough.
The only match we've won this year by that much was against the bottom side.
We ain't beating the top side by that much.

Surely a draw is in both teams' best interests.
We get Geelong at the G and they get Collingwood at the Gabba - a dream result for them.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If we lose at the Gabba in QF2 we meet either GWS or Dogs at the G in SF2. GWS we can beat, and at least the Dogs won't be as good as they are at the Dump.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This is exactly what I meant in my previous post about the media building hype on the Lions beating us at the Gabba:

From AFL website:

The Tigers won 12.10 (82) to 8.7 (55) but needed a 10-goal win to leapfrog the Lions on the ladder and move into second spot.

The Lions made sure that wasn't going to happen, putting in an impressive performance on the road but ultimately not doing enough to stop Richmond from recording its ninth-straight win.

This was no dress rehearsal. Richmond threw the first punch, the heavyweight landing the early hits.

But the upstart Lions managed to land a couple of blows, too, and although the Tigers walked away victors, Brisbane will also have left with confidence about their return bout in a fortnight.