Fishing joke. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fishing joke.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Was just clearing out e-mails and I'm not sure if this one's been posted here already or not.

On a tour of Victoria, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-Mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore.

A helpless man, wearing a Collingwood jumper, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot white pointer shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Richmond jumpers.

One quickly fired a harpoon into the sharks' side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Collingwood fan from the water.

Then using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it, too, into the boat. Immediately, the
Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach.

"I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he said. "I have been told about there being bad blood between Collingwood and Richmond but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope", one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know jack about shark fishing. Is the bait holding up O.K., or do we need to get another one?"

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Love that one, rosy.

By the way, re: your fishing report on Friday, Big River is too fast & cold - give it 4-6 weeks for fly fishing, although did get a couple on lures 8)

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Finally a sensible use for Collingwood supporters (I don't believe I just typed that C-word!).

I've tried planting them in the compost heap but they do nothing for the worms.