Fixture 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fixture 2020

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
with all the noise that we have been given a dream draw this year with 56 games at the G.
whats the odds we cop
something like this next season.

Round 19 Geelong..G
Round 20 Collingwood..G
Round 21 West Coast Away
Round 22 Brisbane Away
Round 23 north. The Dome

Whats the odds? Should i ask Stevo??

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
with all the noise that we have been given a dream draw this year with 56 games at the G.
whats the odds we cop

Round 19 Geelong..G
Round 20 Collingwood..G
Round 21 West Coast Away
Round 22 Brisbane Away
Round 23 north. The Dome

If you’re just looking for odds, maybe ask Jaidyn Stephenson ??

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
you can take it to the bank that we''ll be playing away a few times in the latter season.

It will be funny if they do it, but it’s too late we are 2 games + % clear on top. :banana

• Haha

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
So then we get 6 games in a row at the start of the year at the G?
Unlikely, we’ll also be scheduled 5 early season home games at Marvel. Possibly even a game v Port in China in round 22. No overreacting by the AFL of course. Also, expect any player suspended to be banned from mainland Australia until 6 days after his suspension is served. Collingwood to set up training base in Tasmania in unrelated news.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I’m not sure what the issue is.
We played GWS Port Crows GC & Freo (all away) before the bye.
We share the MCG with Melbourne Essendon Collingwood Carlton and hawthorn
The AFL knows we will pull in big crowds so there’s less games at the dome.
We don’t sell home games anymore.
Why schedule a double header of away games early in the year, maybe they should’ve scheduled a away game after the bye.
The entire draw is a joke.

The pain of us winning a another flag just kills the media and so many opposition supporters.
We could have 5 games away games in row, they would still find a way to criticise us.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Clubs want to play us.

The largest drawing crowds are at the G.

We are not the only co tenants.
When you are a big club it’s all about $ to play the power of the AFL which is Richmond.
What you are going to play Carlton, Collingwood at Marvel?

All I’ve heard of especially today with that instigator of sorts Corns and callers calling in complaining about our 20 games in a row at the G is how unfair and how much of a leg up it’s gives us. It’s not the Tigers fault.
All the footy shows the past weeks have also been harping on this.

Guarantee next year especially if we win it, we will get the draw from hell.

They changed the rules because we won the 17 flag and if we win it this year they will give us all away games or at Marvel the last 6-8 games.

Sooks

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
lolnorf at the Dome is guaranteed along with no less than 6 games interstate.

Haven't played North at the G in H&A game since 2012. Generally play the Dogs every year at Chernobyl; last year the only exception in recent memory. Only 13 games at the G this year compared to 14 for Scumwood. Played Giants & Port away in consecutive weeks rounds 3 & 4 and also played Freo and Adelaide away before the bye.

Didn't hear the incessant whiner Cornes mention any of that. Or the substantial home ground advantage enjoyed by Geelong and the WA & SA teams and the saloon passage they get from umpires at those home games.

People just aren't used to RFC no longer being *smile* and can't deal with the new world order. It's quite pathetic and laughable really.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
AFL has had it's worst year since I can remember. Have shot themselves in the foot so many times that even a millipede would have been on crutches by now. If the commission was truly independent and not a jobs for the boys club McGilla would have been ousted by now.

If the AFL was smart, they'd just shut the outside noise, remove all favours from the table, and come up with a draw that just makes sense, well as much sense as a 22 game season with 18 teams can be.

But they won't.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Haven't played North at the G in H&A game since 2012. Generally play the Dogs every year at Chernobyl; last year the only exception in recent memory. Only 13 games at the G this year compared to 14 for Scumwood. Played Giants & Port away in consecutive weeks rounds 3 & 4 and also played Freo and Adelaide away before the bye.

Didn't hear the incessant whiner Cornes mention any of that. Or the substantial home ground advantage enjoyed by Geelong and the WA & SA teams and the saloon passage they get from umpires at those home games.

People just aren't used to RFC no longer being **** and can't deal with the new world order. It's quite pathetic and laughable really.

:mhihi

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
AFL has had it's worst year since I can remember. Have shot themselves in the foot so many times that even a millipede would have been on crutches by now. If the commission was truly independent and not a jobs for the boys club McGilla would have been ousted by now.

If the AFL was smart, they'd just shut the outside noise, remove all favours from the table, and come up with a draw that just makes sense, well as much sense as a 22 game season with 18 teams can be.

But they won't.

Agree. It is not a draw, it is fixture that is weighted to make money. That is pretty easy to achieve. Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon all play each other twice at the G, Hawthorn, Geelong and Melbourne all get a home game at the G against each of Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon. The interstate clubs play against the other team in their state twice, Hawthorn and North play home and away in Tassie. Everything else can be slotted in to the gaps to ensure everybody plays everybody as least once.

After that, who cares?

Seriously, nothing matters except maximising the combinations that go closest to filling the MCG most often. That means big clubs playing big games at the G.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
The AFL is not the only national sporting comp in the world to have a compromised fixture.
Compromised means just that and there always will be anomalies.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
whats the odds we cop

Round 19 Geelong..G
Round 20 Collingwood..G
Round 21 West Coast Away
Round 22 Brisbane Away
Round 23 north. The Dome

Lock in the annual game v Norf at the dome

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
whats the odds we cop

Round 19 Geelong..G
Round 20 Collingwood..G
Round 21 West Coast Away
Round 22 Brisbane Away
Round 23 north. The Dome

What about the AFL throwing versus Hawthorn at Blundstone Stadium in Tassie into the mix??

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
If it was truly unprejudiced then if you play a team at home this year you play away next year. As for the 5 repeats you go through the whole 17 over 3 and a bit seasons then start again. No derbies, blockbusters, or other requests. You can pla your home games where you like ...tassue, China, Alice even the G if you can do a deal for 11, 7, 3 or 1.