Flat | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Flat

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Last night was very flat IMO

The team seemed flat, and played accordingly, there was no excitement from the players after a goal, it all just seemed too hard for a few of them last night.

I thought the crowd was also very flat, and Richmond fans tended to have a 'here we go again' attitude, as though they are so used to getting let down, and expect it happen again this year.

gsta12

Roar Power
Mar 19, 2003
I could not agree more! The crows was so quite for the whole night.

There was just no running from our players, and the exact opposite for Sydney.

P

Parker

Yes , not wanting to make excuses for the 22 frauds who disgraced the jumper last night but after all the publicity about teams struggling after playing in perth and our injury problems i wonder why they didn't give the players monday off and only have two training sessions last week. I think i heard somewhere Paul Roos gave cancelled their monday training session to keep their players fresh and it certainly seemed to work.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
I would like to know why Danny persisted with Royce Vardy in the ruck whilst sending Staff and Hall down the forward line in the last quarter. No disrespect to Royce, he did a great job last week but surely we needed Staff to get the centre clearances. Even if you had Hall in the ruck, leaving Staff up forward, would have been better.

And I don't care what some other posters say, I think Tim Fleming is alright - he puts his heart and soul into what he does (take note Joel Bowden).

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
julzqld said:
I would like to know why Danny persisted with Royce Vardy in the ruck whilst sending Staff and Hall down the forward line in the last quarter.

Even if you had Hall in the ruck, leaving Staff up forward, would have been better.

And I don't care what some other posters say, I think Tim Fleming is alright - he puts his heart and soul into what he does (take note Joel Bowden).

I think they may have been concerned with them being able to run out the game. Hall hadn't played for 3-4 weeks and when he went into the ruck he wasn't jumping very high. If you need to rest Stafford then put him in the forward line rather than resting him on the bench. I reckon they were trying to expose Sydney's lack of height down back.

If the disposal into the forward 50 had of been good that plan would have worked a treat. Unfortunately, bad habits reared its ugly head and everyone just bombed it long hoping that someone (read = Richo) would take a mark. That for me was the most disappointing aspect of the game. As I said somewhere else - I think I know what they will be showing & saying at match review and the coaches will not be pleased.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
What would have been the harm in having Vardy at FF? Instead of on the bench... If you want to expose them for height put him at FF ridho at CHF Staff in the Ruck changing with Hall off a wing or being a stationary tall CHF while Richo runs around like a nut. I think Ray was underdone and for some strange reason Vardy is now apparently a ruck-man (not the case so don't play him there unless it's like last week again)
Maybe its no Campbo no Tigers :( besides being over run and out skilled we were pumped at the clearances... or if they were close statistically that is deceptive because they always found space from a clearance easily where our posessions were pressured and so failed to hit a target (or hit the wrong one completely)
Like KL said the bad habits reared their ugly head again.. and that feeling of 'not again' crept up.
Kangas and Blues are MUST wins for us! As it is we are just with the rest of the pack now :(