Frawley: we can still make finals (Herald-Sun website) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawley: we can still make finals (Herald-Sun website)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
02 August 2003 AFL
By VIVIENNE OAKLEY
Herald-Sun website

RICHMOND coach Danny Frawley refuses to rule out the chance of his team making the top eight.

The Tigers ended an eight-game losing streak with a convincing win over the Western Bulldogs last weekend.

And Frawley says they can carry that form into today's clash with Fremantle at Subiaco.

He said yesterday he believed his team could do what no interstate visitor has done this year – win at Subiaco.

Frawley refused to concede Richmond was completely out of the running for the final eight, despite sitting 11th, 10 points behind the eighth-placed Kangaroos.

"I'm not completely confident, the chances are pretty slim," he said. "But there's a glimmer of hope there.

"We have to try and keep on with the form we showed last week – that's all we can focus on," he said.

"We realise it's a tough assignment this week against Fremantle."

But, he said, the task was not beyond the Tigers.

"If you have a look at the match-ups, they are very even across the board," Frawley said.

"It's the first time in the year we've gone in with an unchanged, in-form team.

"We'll try to stop their run nice and early if we can.

"If we can play somewhere near our best form, we're going to be a chance at some stage to hopefully snatch the game."

As Frawley made his predictions, members of the Western Australian police bomb squad completed a security check of the ground before a visit by Prime Minister John Howard, who will be at the game.

Coming off a week of intense media scrutiny following the leaking of an embarrassing in-club memo, Frawley joked that the security measures might have been for him.

"I'm sick of looking over my shoulder," he said.

Included in the Richmond team for today's clash are three WA recruits – Mark Coughlan (recruited from Perth), Martin McGrath and Andrew Krakouer (both from South Fremantle).

"Those boys are really keen to play in front of their families," Frawley said.

Based on that i'd say we'll lose. Comments like "I'm not completely confident" dont sit well with me. Back your boys Danny and yourself and go in there with 100% belierf that we can win and do it well. I'm backing us.

This is why the man has no idea istead of talking finals he should still be talking sackings...can someone ring him and tell him they flogged the botton side....and then reming the dud they are travelling interstate where they have lost their last 11 straight.....another year of his comedy....I count down the days like a convicted criminal in my cell waiting for parole

Concise and informative Laffs. Its public comments like these that make our club a laughing stock. And I agree with your comments Shawry. The man is never confident. Its just reinforces that he is a complete and utter loser, like his former club. He had a career of playing in a bottom side and wouldnt no success if it fell on his face.
Mondays sports pages, with his smiling face in the middle pages confirms he is one of lifes loses who wallows in mediocrity. You would never see a Pagan, a Malthouse, or a Matthews, with their faces beaming with pride after winning a meaningless game against inept opposition.
He must be sacked at season end. He is an utter joke!

I read it that Frawley's was not "completely confident" & "chances are slim" about making the eight. But he is backing our boys 100% against Freo.