Rocca cleared due to lack of evidence | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rocca cleared due to lack of evidence

P

PuntRoadRoar

AFL
Rocca cleared due to lack of evidence
By The Lizard
Thursday, 31 July 2003

Anthony Rocca trained without fear on Tuesday Night knowing the Tribunal was never going to hear his case. "Yeah, I clocked him" explained Rocca, "but can he prove it? No video and no statement. No case." said the star centre half forward

Martyn apparently went into the umpires rooms after the match to request an investigation but was unable to convince the trio of his plight. "He staggered in at 5pm like Rocky Balboa shouting 'Anfernee!', 'Fuggin Wokka', 'Look my noggin' & 'Free Hundy games me will' and spat in our eyes while he spoke" said umpire Martin Ellis. "I can't base a report on that. For all I know he was talking about hitting his head on his locker when re realised he wont be playing next year, and as to looking at his head, its shocking enough without blood and bandages. No thanks!" said a repulsed Ellis.

Naturally despite 54,000 people being at the ground, the AFL was unable to obtain any footage of the incident. "No we wont apologise for that and nor should channel 9. Its not in thier interest given the big games coming up where Rocca is vital to their ratings" said new CEO Andy Demetrio. "Carlton don't get any special favours, they breached the salary cap. Go out and punch *smile* out of them. I don't care."

http://www.thebladder.com.au/content/contribution/default.asp?ContributionType=1&fullreport=2373

now this one made me laugh... i just love the "Afernee" bit

LOL

what a crack up