Game Day RD 17 - Tigers V Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day RD 17 - Tigers V Suns

A breakdown of our terrible last qtr with text & video. if you're happy to put yourself through it, click on the below link. Courtesy of one-eyed tiger forum>>

That was great stuff from OneEyed and SWallace. Thanks for posting, AT. The more you look at it the more you see e.g. maybe Jack could have kicked it just past Castagna so he could take a just 15m mark. Go back, take time off the clock, roost it to the hotspot with Soldo, Jack back there and Shai and MRJ and co. lurking.
Or Jack could have ignored JC and done the same immediately; you can see Soldo and Shai moving towards the hotspot. Also, of course, Castagna takes the worst option, better he ran the boundary side and kicked on his natural right (which is bad enough) than turn inside into trouble only to produce an absolutely useless kick on his left to turn it over, Just a mess all round.

I'm also just dumbfounded that Aarts cannot make the distance from at the most 25m, twice! Where did we recruit him from - Auskick? There is an abject failure in goal-kicking skills at our club. Totally unprofessional and *smile*-your-daks stuff.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Tiger71 reckons we're after Darcy Fogarty from the Cows, and that we're definitely hunting for mids.
no way we'll get Fogarty.
He is a SA boy and from what i've heard the crows were they only club he wanted to go to.

We won flags with these free kick counts I don't care about that but 50s from the stand rule and dissent are costing goals and games. The only player dropped for a 50 was Caddy I think.
The team hasn't made the adjustment in 2021 to STAND now we are worst at dissent.
And wasn't it two back to back 50s that cost Caddy

Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 15934
We literally turned a five goal win into a loss.

Bad kicking is bad football. Don’t play consistently bad footballers.

This is what I have been saying since the game, we should have been scoring 110+ and if we had then no matter that they won the ball to get back into the game, we'd have been home. The issue wasn't with what happened in the last couple of minutes (that was a shitshow) but more what happened across the game in terms of squandered chances. I could easily trot out 6 or 7 shots that either didn't score of were behinds that you would normally expect to score. Score these and no-one is talking about those last 2 minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
Tiger71 reckons we're after Darcy Fogarty from the Cows, and that we're definitely hunting for mids.

I don't buy into the Tiger71 jib. Blindy Freddie can see we should be into mids. Thats like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't buy into the Tiger71 jib. Blindy Freddie can see we should be into mids. Thats like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.
I heard Dodoro is keen as on recruiting the sun.
But won't budge on his offer of James Stewart and a late 3rd rounder.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For a 2nd time in a row. Also happened when Shaw took over from Scott and at the Dump in 2019 and we lost. Maybe that "Richmondy" term is really a virus that's returned onto us.

Weird.
2019 eh... so even if we lose it could be a good omen. :)

Last edited:
Draper's so called goal of the year contender was when he was in ruck contest with Polly Farmer Chol. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don't care Chol left

lets review the impact on Richmond's ladder position of the swans v bulldogs result at the end of the season

my prediction is that if we are battling for 7th or 8th, a swans win was preferable
if we are in contention for 5th or 6th, a bulldogs win was preferable
lets see how it plays out
as it turns out, we would have still finished 7th if the bulldogs has beaten the swans

if the swans had lost that game they would have dropped out of the top 4 and be replaced by Fremantle.