Game Day RD 17 - Tigers V Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day RD 17 - Tigers V Suns

Feb 25, 2007
As we head to Metricon Stadium to play the last roll of the dice Suns, can the tiger juggernaut make it 12 wins on the trot on their home away from home.

Tarrant on Caboult and perhaps Miller on Chol, our backs should be able to contain their forwards, especially with Rankine out.

I reckon our forwards can cause some damage as their backs aren't as talented or experienced as our back 7. Collins on Lynch, tipping Tom to get a hold of him, no love lost between those 2.
The Sun's strength is their midfield, so if we can at least match it with them in the engine room, it will go a long way to winning the match.

Keep up the pressure boys and don't allow the suns' mids to break our tackles like the eagle's mids did last week.

Tiges by 27
If O'Gorman and co start influencing, Tiges by 7 points

Milestones
[50] Marlion Pickett - Playing 50th game,[35] Nathan Broad - Playing 100th game

Richmond team v Gold Coast, Saturday, July 9, 4.35pm AEST, Metricon Stadium

BacksBen Miller46Robbie Tarrant6Dylan Grimes2
Half-BacksLiam Baker7Nathan Broad35Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineMarlion Pickett50Jayden Short15Kamdyn McIntosh33
Half-ForwardsMaurice Rioli Jnr49Shai Bolton29Jake Aarts16
ForwardsJack Riewoldt8Shane Edwards10Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Dion Prestia3Jack Ross5
Interchange:Hugo Ralphsmith45Ivan Soldo20Jack Graham34
Jason Castagna11
EmergencyRhyan Mansell31Tyler Sonsie40Thomson Dow27
Noah Cumberland38

Umpires
Nick Foot (2), Robert O'Gorman (10), Jacob Mollison (32)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Likely wins to Blues and Pies this weekend. Unless we win well it looks like 8th for us. Just have to keep winning.

Reactions: 1 users
Likely wins to Blues and Pies this weekend. Unless we win well it looks like 8th for us. Just have to keep winning.
Have a big win today and we could sneak into 5th place on percentage

By a stroke of luck I happen to be on the Gold Coast at the moment, and so am taking the kids along to watch our beloved Tigers.

Was hoping it would be wet to give us a massive advantage but alas, no rain in sight.

Go Tiges

Reactions: 7 users
Have a big win today and we could sneak into 5th place on percentage
Yes if Pies lose, Blues lose and Tigers win by 50 or so points, we'll be 5th. Can safely say that combination is very unlikely to happen. 5 wins of last 7 will most likely be safe for a top 8 spot.

Reactions: 1 user
By a stroke of luck I happen to be on the Gold Coast at the moment, and so am taking the kids along to watch our beloved Tigers.

Was hoping it would be wet to give us a massive advantage but alas, no rain in sight.

Go Tiges
Me too!
Can anyone suggest parking within a 30 min or so walk??

This is a bank the win and move on game, particularly with our injury list. The chance for a % boost was last week and we missed it.

Yes if Pies lose, Blues lose and Tigers win by 50 or so points, we'll be 5th. Can safely say that combination is very unlikely to happen. 5 wins of last 7 will most likely be safe for a top 8 spot.
Agreed TL. It was really just a possible statistic.
Very unlikely to happen of course.
Throw away post with hope in my heart.

• Haha
You used to be able to park at Nerang train station and catch a free bus. But not sure if that still happens though

Me too!
Can anyone suggest parking within a 30 min or so walk??
Free parking and shuttle ride from Boowaggan Rd Merrimac.

10-15 min drive from ground

I‘ve also heard of people parking at Royal Pines Resort and getting a free shuttle from there too.

Cant find anything online however so can’t confirm for sure.