Game Day Richmond Vs Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Richmond Vs Eagles

When nank is fit who do we want as the main ruck? Nank has to be the worst at hit outs to advantage. He can be by himself and tap it straight to the opposition mid.

With that said once it hits the ground he is ferocious and does a great job dropping back in defence.
Just use the Nankson model.

Stop being stubborn Spook. I get that you don't want to agree with Lazy, it is normally a good policy, but it looks like he got this one right.
The only question is whether Ryan is going to AA ruck or AA CHF, or both.

It's ok Brodders.

@Scoop apology about how he couldn't see the potential in Samson (when Leysy could two years ago, let alone others) will be extra special.

Scoop was wrrrooonnnnn........ for a long long time on this one.

Richmond v West Coast​

10 Shai Bolton (RICH)
7 Tim Taranto (RICH)
7 Dion Prestia (RICH)
2 Jacob Hopper (RICH)
2 Oscar Allen (WCE)
1 Dustin Martin (RICH)
1 Liam Baker (RICH)

Reactions: 3 users
Samson is a young ruckman so of course he needs coaching but commentators being critical I will take with a grain of salt, have a look at his two forward stoppage palms to Shai, both resulting in snaps on goal for 1.1, the second Samson had his fist in the air before Shai had even got it to his boot knowing he had executed a set play perfectly.

TBF, I watched it that evening post-match on Kayo as had to work, couldn't go as I wanted to. I thought the commentary wasn't too bad at all mostly. They were critical of Samsun's taps early for being too predictable as he seemed to be following the Nank playbook, mostly tapping close to the contest. But he changed it up, varied his delivery and our mids started to take full advantage. The commentators recognised this I believe and credited him with really getting on top and influencing the game strongly.

I even liked their early criticism of our 'swiss-cheese'- (my term) - defensive zone for how loose and easy to pierce it was. Lewis called it as our 'teasing distance' was too wide. Spot on. This has bugged for me for ages. So often our players seem to b e guarding space and the oppo just waltz on through. A poster above called this out too and said we went man-on-man after half-time which made a big difference. Probably right, but Dimma has been kidding himself for ages if he thinks it works, especially with our current batch of players including young guys who are averse to constant hard running to apply pressure, and tackle!

Possibly Dimma thinks other sides kick it like we do. No. The best sides can pinpoint a 3m target continually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
TBF he took a knock to his right leg early in the game. Seemed to be in a lot of pain at the time and hampered by it afterwards.
Pleased to read this post because I believe there must be some explanation - with so many posters caning Cumbo for lack of effort and ineptitude. I just don't think it's his style or charcater to be so non-competitive.
Unless his confidence is shot. I don't think Dimma's indulgence in personal commentary on him in his pressers would have helped this one iota. Thought it was really tactless of him. He knows how to deflect very well, being a master of repetitive cliches, so going into a detailed critical analysis of Cumbo was just counter-productive IMO.
Can see Cumbo trying to regain confidence at VFL level for weeks now. Who knows if he has a good future after all this? If an injury is responsible; far less concern.

TBF, I watched it that evening post-match on Kayo as had to work, couldn't go as I wanted to. I thought the commentary wasn't too bad at all mostly. They were critical of Samsun's taps early for being too predictable as he seemed to be following the Nank playbook, mostly tapping close to the contest. But he changed it up, varied his delivery and our mids started to take full advantage. The commentators recognised this I believe and credited him with really getting on top and influencing the game strongly.

I even liked their early criticism of our 'swiss-cheese'- (my term) - defensive zone for how loose and easy to pierce it was. Lewis called it as our 'teasing distance' was too wide. Spot on. This has bugged for me for ages. So often our players seem to b e guarding space and the oppo just waltz on through. A poster above called this out too and said we went man-on-man after half-time which made a big difference. Probably right, but Dimma has been kidding himself for ages if he thinks it works, especially with our current batch of players including young guys who are averse to constant hard running to apply pressure, and tackle!

Possibly Dimma thinks other sides kick it like we do. No. The best sides can pinpoint a 3m target continually.
We actually switched in the second quarter to man on man as far as I could tell sitting on the wing. Was immensely better. You are at risk to an out the back or overlap outnumber run but you put way more pressure on the kicker to hit a target or get a high ball to a contested situation a lot more.