GAME DAY - Round 14 - Tigers Vs Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Round 14 - Tigers Vs Aints

This talk that he was on the periphery is a false narrative though. He played 43 games in his first 3 seasons with us and missed a significant amount of time whilst at the club with his brain injuries. The rhetoric that he left for more opportunity is false, he was given plenty of opportunity with us.
Hardwick played him out of position. Tried to turn him into a midfielder and had him lining up on the wing, making him the shortest and slowest wing in the history of the game. So he fell out of favour. Leave him in the 50 and he holds his spot and stays (unless he genuinely wasn't liked before he left).

Reactions: 1 user
Balta was massive. Again. King reminds me of Drew Petrie. An  okay forward who seems to get off the chain when he plays us. He clearly thought he was going to have a night out when he squared up to Balta. Beautiful work by big Noah to hold his own, and then hand King his arse. My man crush is becoming an issue for Mrs Knighters.

Reactions: 3 users
There was another where razor was explaining away a no. Free kick by saying it was accidental - high contact I think. WTF?!

No such things as accidental too high. It’s too high or not too high. What player deliberately takes someone high? Insane.

Reactions: 6 users
This talk that he was on the periphery is a false narrative though. He played 43 games in his first 3 seasons with us and missed a significant amount of time whilst at the club with his brain injuries. The rhetoric that he left for more opportunity is false, he was given plenty of opportunity with us.

I mean in his 1st season he played 20 times out of 24 games in a premiership winning team.

If he'd stayed he would have played a lot of football in 2021 and onwards. This talk is false. He boned us because he showed no loyalty to us for standing with him through his health issues, but because his boyhood club came calling.
Agreed. Definitely can’t say it was for opportunities. 43 games in 3 years which includes missing over half a season with his brain injury, and the calf injury that made him unavailable for the last 5 games of 2020 by memory.

He’s a *smile*. Don’t think the players were sad to see him go.

I mean in his 1st season he played 20 times out of 24 games in a premiership winning team.

If he'd stayed he would have played a lot of football in 2021 and onwards. This talk is false. He boned us because he showed no loyalty to us for standing with him through his health issues, but because his boyhood club came calling.
I can understand with his head/brain issues, he may have thought "I don't know how much time I have left, go now, before I may never play again". But he did bone us, and yes, he would have played a lot of football. Now the stupid *smile* will remain without a Premiership, when could have had at least one!

Agreed. Definitely can’t say it was for opportunities. 43 games in 3 years which includes missing over half a season with his brain injury, and the calf injury that made him unavailable for the last 5 games of 2020 by memory.

He’s a *smile*. Don’t think the players were sad to see him go.
Was lovely to see Balta lay him out when tried for cheap shot!

Watching my recording after being at the game last night.

How do we get Jobe Watson off tv ? Guy is a complete *** moron.

Reactions: 9 users
One thing that we have really lacked and it was evident last night, was the constant chase, the pressure in our forward 50 by Maurice Junior. Saints players coughed it up a lot with juniors' pressure, they hurried their kicks out of defence.
He could've kicked 1-2 himself but decided to pass off both times which didn't pan out.

Reactions: 1 users
He was dropped after rd 10, didnt play the next 3, then came back for 1 then was dropped after rd15 and didnt get back in the team. By the end of 2020 he wasnt in our best 22, and only played 1 game in the last 12. That is periphery, and there was no gurantee he would play more in 2021. While we all like to think he should have stuck it out and fought for his place, his career was on the line, and going to the Saints gave him an extra year to cement himself, and at a place where he was more likely to play.
He was coming back from some time out with serious skull surgery. There was always going to be a year or so of re- establishing himself back into a regular senior role. He'd already shown at the start of his career that he was easily good enough to cement a regular seniors position. Brain surgery *smile* him up for a bit and it was simply a matter of re-establishing that he was physically capable of getting back to senior level footy consistently. After we'd supported him through all his health issues he figured he didn't want that at Richmond and decided he wanted to be at his St Kiddenme dream team. *smile* him, long may he vegetate at a serially unsuccessful club that only survives through the AFL drip feed.

Watching my recording after being at the game last night.

How do we get Jobe Watson off tv ? Guy is a complete *** moron.
Hahahaha. Was thinking the same thing. He can barely put a sentence together without stuffing it up.

Hahahaha. Was thinking the same thing. He can barely put a sentence together without stuffing it up.
There was some stat he tried to give last night but stuffed it up completely. Something like “st Kilda have gone in forward 10 time at a high percentage….”

• Haha
Just for the record:

8C35510F-AC9B-4674-83D7-DBCE5C51CCA5.jpeg

interesting they got the vast majority (18) of their frees in the midfield.