GAME DAY - Round 14 - Tigers Vs Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Round 14 - Tigers Vs Aints

Hardwick played him out of position. Tried to turn him into a midfielder and had him lining up on the wing, making him the shortest and slowest wing in the history of the game. So he fell out of favour. Leave him in the 50 and he holds his spot and stays (unless he genuinely wasn't liked before he left).

I dunno I think that was just DImma trying to develop him.

Agreed. Definitely can’t say it was for opportunities. 43 games in 3 years which includes missing over half a season with his brain injury, and the calf injury that made him unavailable for the last 5 games of 2020 by memory.

He’s a *smile*. Don’t think the players were sad to see him go.
He was dropped in rd 10, came back for 1 game and was dropped again, and didnt return. No VFL wouldnt have helped, but he was outside our "best 22" for the back half of 2020, and behind Jake Aarts in the pecking order. Our GF side had Castagna, Bolton and DRioli as small forwards. It was not where a small forward wants to be after 3 years in the system.

But you could well be right that he is a "smile", and on the evidence of Saturday's game it doesnt look like he has kept many good relationships at Punt Rd.

Reactions: 3 users
He was dropped in rd 10, came back for 1 game and was dropped again, and didnt return. No VFL wouldnt have helped, but he was outside our "best 22" for the back half of 2020, and behind Jake Aarts in the pecking order. Our GF side had Castagna, Bolton and DRioli as small forwards. It was not where a small forward wants to be after 3 years in the system.

But you could well be right that he is a "smile", and on the evidence of Saturday's game it doesnt look like he has kept many good relationships at Punt Rd.

Maybe he breached the " no d-heads" policy.

Reactions: 1 users
Bring them all back when fit and ready. No need to rush them, but no need to ice them either.

But who do you take out? Two talls and a big body midfielder. Samson for Lynch, but Samson has been doing well. Miller out? On last nights game you want to keep playing him? Down back is even tougher to see who misses for Biscuit.

In the midfield, dunno. But Hopper comes back in.
When you start musing about who we replace when good players come back then we are doing better.
I remember feeling the opposite 5-6 weeks ago wanting to change the senior team and not seeing any alternatives

Thought it was pretty funny,when I read that what cost the umpires the game against us,was their stubborn refusal to use the umpires sub.

Reactions: 1 user
Higgo got upset because Grimo beat him to the ball. As for a-holes like Ch 7 that want to get clubs into trouble....FO and do your own work.

View attachment 19708

if that's what happened to spark the little cuddle, then I'd have no doubt Optimus would have let Higdick know about it which started it off.

The difference in attitude towards Butler and Higgins could have been more stark.

if that's what happened to spark the little cuddle, then I'd have no doubt Optimus would have let Higdick know about it which started it off.

The difference in attitude towards Butler and Higgins could have been more stark.
Just had a quick watch of the 2nd and 3rd quarter goals and noticed Grimo elbowed into Higgo's throat which gave him that free kick and goaled in the 2nd quarter. Along with other 2nd and 3rd views throughout the game, I think it's more Shorty and Grimo that don't like Higgo. Maybe even Balta because I saw Higgo run into Balta when King was given the free in front of goal.

Banks, Coulthard, Brown, Tresize all named in the bests on weekend. Hopefully some of them will be given a go at AFL level before the year is out.

The backs seemed to have more issues with higgins perhaps because he's a forward or because of the Rance connection?

Just had a quick watch of the 2nd and 3rd quarter goals and noticed Grimo elbowed into Higgo's throat which gave him that free kick and goaled in the 2nd quarter. Along with other 2nd and 3rd views throughout the game, I think it's more Shorty and Grimo that don't like Higgo. Maybe even Balta because I saw Higgo run into Balta when King was given the free in front of goal.
First game we planned against Higglet. Jack gave him an almighty spray.
Think he dished out some home truths. Higgo had no come back, looked a like a kid who shat his pants in front of the class.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Also at half time when the players were walking off, Ch7 showed Dusty crossing paths with Higgins and saying a few words to him.

The trouble with higgens? Since switching to the saints, it's all about him not the team. When he kick the goal of the ground, he ran and puff his chest out with arms out into the centre. Hey look at me!!!!!! Seen this plenty of times.

The trouble with higgens? Since switching to the saints, it's all about him not the team. When he kick the goal of the ground, he ran and puff his chest out with arms out into the centre. Hey look at me!!!!!! Seen this plenty of times.
On The Couch showed him doing a bee line into Balta's back when Stage King won that free, and with Balta's big body, Higgo deflected off like a rubber ball. Funny stuff.

This talk that he was on the periphery is a false narrative though. He played 43 games in his first 3 seasons with us and missed a significant amount of time whilst at the club with his brain injuries. The rhetoric that he left for more opportunity is false, he was given plenty of opportunity with us.

I mean in his 1st season he played 20 times out of 24 games in a premiership winning team.

If he'd stayed he would have played a lot of football in 2021 and onwards. This talk is false. He boned us because he showed no loyalty to us for standing with him through his health issues, but because his boyhood club came calling.
He was dropped after rd 10, didnt play the next 3, then came back for 1 then was dropped after rd15 and didnt get back in the team. By the end of 2020 he wasnt in our best 22, and only played 1 game in the last 12. That is periphery, and there was no gurantee he would play more in 2021. While we all like to think he should have stuck it out and fought for his place, his career was on the line, and going to the Saints gave him an extra year to cement himself, and at a place where he was more likely to play.

Both true. But missing one thing. Higgins going wasn't a one-way street.

Apparently, some of the playing group more than happy for Higgins to be gone and out of the club.

Supposedly an absolute pain in the arse in the hub. Annoying and impossible to be around, especially when wasn't playing.

Last edited:
Both true. But missing one thing. Higgins going wasn't a one-way street.

Apparently, some of the playing group more than happy for Higgins to be gone and out of the club.

Supposedly an absolute pain in the arse in the hub. Annoying and impossible to be around, especially when wasn't playing.
That doesn't surprise me. Not quite in the same league as Cody Weightman or Tom Papley, but right up there.