Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day-Scratch match Tiges v Norf

And Ryans two goals, one walking into an open goal, the other a nonsense free kick. Nothing at all to get excited about, first watch I thought he did more but on the second viewing he wasn’t impressive. Still a long way off.
Funny Scoop it’s a pre season match sim remember..! Don’t be too critical

Reactions: 1 user
How about, they're a good young side, heading in the right direction. They'll push a few sides the year, there's no doubt about that?

They are building a really nice list IMO. A few risks around some of their players but if Powell and Philips come on, then added to LDU and Simpkin have a great start for their midfield.

Their forward half looks very dangerous IMO. Zurhaar, Sheezel, Curtis as smalls around a tall like Larkey who IMO is very good. Its what they can build around that, that will set them up.

Their defensive half needed a fair amount of work, but they are getting better there.

I reckon they will surprise a few this year. They will finish between 9th and 13th IMO. A big jump forward from 2022.

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon they will surprise a few this year. They will finish between 9th and 13th IMO. A big jump forward from 2022.

For all his red mist (and potentially worse), there's already the look of a Clarkson system to them.

If he were able to take them to a flag at some point it would be remarkable, akin to the worst team since Fitzroy Hardwick journey, and would probably make him the best coach of all time.

In the unlikely event we lose to Carlton sans Walsh in round 1 I'd be happy to put a million up against us winning the flag so feel free to reach out and take advantage.

Anyway, apologies if repeating as I haven't read the thread but popped in to have a look Friday and noticed the following:

Prestia looks a million bucks and all the better for the extra couple of mid field bulls to take the load.

Taranto is a much better player than I thought he was. Pissed myself when his first act as a Richmond player was giving away an elementary free kick. He will fit in well.

Dustin looks great but far too little time as a midfielder for mine.

Of the new wave, thought Clarke was super impressive, very Lambert like.

Have definitely tweaked our defensive structure a bit, Balta has been turned in Astbury, not sure where that leaves Tarrant.

Early days but our pressure was not at premiership level, killed us last year and if we don't find our mojo it will again this year.
Is this live at the ground?

I know it's early , but our defence needs to tighten to still simple mistakes not killing the ball , loose players , giving away to many marks in our back half and shots to. I hope Rutten rectify this or else same issues as last season will hold us back.
Is Rutten full ground defence? North seemed to break quickly with counter attacks way too easily. Hopefully the real structures shall be seen next game.

For Norf melbourne that game meant everything and they all wanted to prove to the football worl , their supporters and the players to their coaches that they have improved and i would say played probably their best game for the season.

For Richmond it was just a match sim and an opportunity to try new things and players in different roles without getting an injury
Next game will probably be a bit more serious and im expecting around 80% of the real game pressure and come out all guns blazing against Cartoon
Totally agree...and in the middle of all that the umpires would have got in the way with their anti-rfc bias as well...

low placed sides typically come out and go hard in the preseason and early season games
thin the long running joke Rnd 1 Carlton is their Grand Final

They have to show themselves and supporters they are serious about improving

We appeared to have a very measured approach to the scratch match and it was an approrpiate amount of effort all things considered
and we'd all like to see more , but still not 100% , against the Dee's

low placed sides typically come out and go hard in the preseason and early season games
thin the long running joke Rnd 1 Carlton is their Grand Final

They have to show themselves and supporters they are serious about improving

We appeared to have a very measured approach to the scratch match and it was an approrpiate amount of effort all things considered
and we'd all like to see more , but still not 100% , against the Dee's
Specially teams like Norf who have just appointed the master coach Clarkson
players all want to show they are AFL standard and play round 1