Game day thread - r22: 2019 WCE (MCG) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread - r22: 2019 WCE (MCG)

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
The WCE Are next.

They are the only team that we haven’t beaten since we were crowned champions in sept 2017.

We beat them earlier that year though on the MCG.

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Currently 18deg with fresh northerly. Radar shows the worst of the rain could miss Melbourne although Bureau predicts rain at 2pm. Anything’s possible......it’s Melbourne!

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Weather update and forecast, please.

It will rain.
Wind will favour the punt road end but will ease.
So expect the coin toss winner to point to the Punt Road End.

‘Cloud increasing. Very high (95%) chance of showers during the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm during the afternoon and evening with gusty winds and possible small hail. Winds northerly 30 to 45 km/h shifting colder west to southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h in the evening’.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The tipsters (apart from Marngrook who favoured WC heavily) and the bookies have me confounded on this one.

they have it very lopsided in Richmonds favour.

I only have luck separating these 2 sides. An even money game if ever there was one.

I think it will be won tactically, comfortably by one side or another.

if I was neutral, Id be tipping West Coast.

But I'm not.

so Tigers by 38

$hai Bolton 27 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 goals, 3 votes.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Horrible day out there....sunny ........but Windy at least.

About to head off soon but have little confidence. We still are quite a few top line players off our best 22.

A lot of players who are just going have to turn up today including Rioli, Broad, Short, Ellis, Bolton, Caddy.

Dont know what Soldo and Chol will bring.

Riewoldt on one leg.

Fortunately our midfield looks primed.

Go Tiges!!

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Weather update and forecast, please.
I’d post my work wx forecast, but most wouldn’t get all the aviation jargon, but I can say that we are in for strong north winds for most of the day, and showers will develops from 1pm, but only on and off....much lower cloud won’t drift over till tonight (from 8pm onwards), bringing more rain with it...wind will tend westerly later this arvo...temp around 16 till about 4ish, then gets colder

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
about to head off to the mcg,,feeling very unconfident as our most of my tiger mates....a whole bunch of players better turn upo today...shorty baker boton chol rioli cannot aford another average game....and our midfeild is ginna have to apply massive pressure...none of this dusty edwards prestia caddy stuff off jogging around as yeo and gaff etc sprint away and peel off....thas been our weakest point all year,,,,,,,win this and the lids off

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
WCE last week struggled with Adelaide in Perth.
The week before they had difficulty with Carlton.
I’m not scared.

By the way, our last 5 weeks on the MCG:
first quarter goals for are 20
First quarter goals against are 6.

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
50/50 match. Based on form it could go either way .
For some reason I am quite pessimistic about today's game. Normally, I expect to win, but this WC side is pretty awesome.

Particularly with Kennedy and darling up forward.