Game Day thread - Rnd 18 vs Norf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day thread - Rnd 18 vs Norf

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Safe to say the win is important today above everything.
A couple of weeks ago you'd say this match against the likely wooden spooners was a certainty.
However a midweek coaching change is always a danger game. The Roos formline too has been better.
Couple that with a raft of changes to our side.
That said there's no excuses not to win today if we are to be serious contenders.
Just get it done Tiges & get things back on track.

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Knowing our luck glen archers’ cat will have died overnight and they will have the black armbands on too.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Still trying to get over my pre game wish from last week, a win n no injuries. That didn't half turn into a *smile* gibbering nightmare.
Think I'll just watch the game n barrack hard with no pre conceived thought or wishes regarding today's game, I'm still feeling a bit traumatized.

Reactions: 1 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Their interim coach had half the squad eating the grass at Arden St in some weird punishment for the losers of a training drill.....putting the fun back in training apparently.
Half the team could be missing with stomach complaints......

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Theres been data put out that the “sacked coach” win/loss is overstated, can’t remember exactly but 50/50 ish. It’s just that we remember the wins.

I wanna know which 2 or 3 Tiges are gunna get injured.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Theres been data put out that the “sacked coach” win/loss is overstated, can’t remember exactly but 50/50 ish. It’s just that we remember the wins.

I wanna know which 2 or 3 Tiges are gunna get injured.
50:50 is probably way over expected given most teams with a sacked coach are crap and have ~20% winning records.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Got off my arse and used this thing called google…

“Since 2012, clubs are 5-7 after a coach has left and a caretaker has stepped in.

The average winning margin in those five victories is 38.2 points. The average losing margin for the seven defeats is 40.2 points.”

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Small win - we are middle of the road teasers
Big win - we are contenders
Loss - we are pretenders

This is one of the worst teams in history. Even with our injuries, this should be a very comfortable and dominant performance if we think we are any chance to be a finals contender. I think today will help us with our self assessment (glass half empty or glass half full).

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
We should really thrash them, but I have a feeling it will be a frustrating day.

Reactions: 1 user

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Small win - we are middle of the road teasers
Big win - we are contenders
Loss - we are pretenders

This is one of the worst teams in history. Even with our injuries, this should be a very comfortable and dominant performance if we think we are any chance to be a finals contender. I think today will help us with our self assessment (glass half empty or glass half full).
I agree....particularly after last week's debacle, we should be breathing fire. Need a 10 goal + win

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Got off my arse and used this thing called google…

“Since 2012, clubs are 5-7 after a coach has left and a caretaker has stepped in.

The average winning margin in those five victories is 38.2 points. The average losing margin for the seven defeats is 40.2 points.”
And what's the record when Richmond's involved?

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
They played their GF last week.
They knew it was Nobles last game.
Back to normal today.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I think we might enjoy playing indoors today.
What a shocking day today, windy and its freezing
Us by 17pts

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Our midfield needs to dominate for 4 quarters. No easy clearances to North. We let teams get a roll on far too easy and it starts in the middle.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Any word on Nank? And Sub?
My guess for sub is Jake Aarts.
As always I would rather see the younger ones play VFL, especially after a bye, than sit in the bench.