Game day thread Tiges vs Saints - round 22 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread Tiges vs Saints - round 22 2023

Might get past the Saints but watching some of the other games this weekend underlines that we are pretty much where we deserve to be.

Last edited:
Agree it will be a challenge
But I've a hunch the Tigers can get the job done.
Seventeen points.

Reactions: 1 user
Saints by 40.
We are *smile* and have been for 2 years.

Reactions: 2 users
Expecting a hiding.

But will be interested in:

- How Dow responds to his final chance

- How Bauer performs and whether he shows he can be an AFL forward which might help Jack retire

- Coulthard and whether he can kick some goals

StKilda should be going in as deserved favourites, we have not been playing well and don't play well at Chernobyl.

We win, we keep our faint finals hopes alive, not that I can see us doing anything in finals. We lose and we drop further but don't improve our draft hand. Kinda pointless really, but I'll turn up and hope for a win. The main thing to come out of this game should be the performances of younger players, they need experience and they need to start stepping up.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Piglet Higgins gets very cocky against us. Hope we can keep him to 0 goals

We will find out a lot about our playing group today. If there is any go left in them to potentially get back up the ladder they will win today.

We will also find out a lot about our prospective coach seeing him go head to head with one of the best, if not the best, tactical coach in the game.

And as always, we will be mesmerised by the incredible feats of athleticism and decision making by the best officials in world sport. All hail the mighty umpires!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
We will find out a lot about our playing group today. If there is any go left in them to potentially get back up the ladder they will win today.

We will also find out a lot about our prospective coach seeing him go head to head with one of the best, if not the best, tactical coach in the game.

And as always, we will be mesmerised by the incredible feats of athleticism and decision making by the best officials in world sport. All hail the mighty umpires!
It feels like a nothing game, not a lot to really get excited about. But your bang on, its vitally important.

A few careers on the line today , we are generally crap at Marvel, however Mini must get the lads up for one last crack , we are playing against the most blah side in the league, who just happen to have a player the boys from Punt rd despise .

Our MC correctly have gone with a team they believe can win and keep us in the finals race when they could have taken the opp to get the operations done early and blood some cubs .

Heres my ridiculous big call , if Mini can’t get the win today imho we should look elsewhere for our coach in 2024.

Reactions: 1 users
A few careers on the line today , we are generally crap at Marvel, however Mini must get the lads up for one last crack , we are playing against the most blah side in the league, who just happen to have a player the boys from Punt rd despise .

Our MC correctly have gone with a team they believe can win and keep us in the finals race when they could have taken the opp to get the operations done early and blood some cubs .

Heres my ridiculous big call , if Mini can’t get the win today imho we should look elsewhere for our coach in 2024.
Agree Brandon.

He hasn't done well against other top 8 sides.
If you look at Lions, Melb, Bull.
Fallen well short.
(Mind you, neither did Dimma last 3 years)
Just the odd good win against higher ranked side.
eg Geel this year (under Dimma) an exception.

Although doesn't count because High and Mighty Salty said they had 77 players out that day!

Need some of that fancy flying, Mav err Mini.

I agree about McQualter, but I have the feeling, rightly or wrongly, that he’s already been given the job, and everything else is a formality.

• Dislike
I’m a big fan of our away jumper. The more I watch the 2017 GF the more I’m convinced the hi-vis yellow gave us the rub of the green with the umps that day. Every time they had a fist full of guernsey the whistle blew (like Towner at quarter time), yet they missed a couple of Crows ones (like Dustin in the goal square) because it’s so much harder to pick up. I notice Jack’s got full sleeves today. Maybe it’s so the umps see every molestation in all its hi-via glory. Maybe I’m giving him too much credit, but I think there’s something in it.

• Haha