GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges v Blues

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Did you notice the Banner in the Carlton cheer squad?
"Carlton's Sweet 16"
Pity they are quickly closing on 37 years since there last flag.
26 years,, 10 to go
I recall they had a similarly pathetic banner in Round 1, 2018 when we unfurled the 2017 flag.

The saltiness is off the charts! Blooze supporters complaining about umpiring and Kane Cornes lamenting how good Dusty is.
These flogs are in for a long year if we achieve the Three peat.

Reactions: 3 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I recall they had a similarly pathetic banner in Round 1, 2018 when we unfurled the 2017 flag.

The saltiness is off the charts! Blooze supporters complaining about umpiring and Kane Cornes lamenting how good Dusty is.
These flogs are in for a long year if we achieve the Three peat.

Cornes is just an embarrassment. Refused to give Dusty credit this morning just banging on about coaches not coming up with something to combat him. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Cornes is just an embarrassment. Refused to give Dusty credit this morning just banging on about coaches not coming up with something to combat him. Good luck.

It was quite pathetic wasn't it?
Cornes came across frustrated and genuinely upset that Dusty is so good.
The suggestions from callers (all opposition supporters) on how to counteract Dusty were hilarious, bordering on the ridiculous!

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It was quite pathetic wasn't it?
Cornes came across frustrated and genuinely upset that Dusty is so good.
The suggestions from callers (all opposition supporters) on how to counteract Dusty were hilarious, bordering on the ridiculous!

I'm up for a laugh. What were their suggestions?

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
"Carlton's Sweet 16"
26 years,, 10 to go
Should have had an asterisk and a disclaimer.

Carlton's Sweet 16*

*Includes Premierships won while cheating

Reactions: 5 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
I'm up for a laugh. What were their suggestions?
Someone said the opposition should target Dusty at 'thigh level' because he has too much upper body strength

Another genius suggested putting two players on him.

At that point I lost interest and switched off.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Must be spewing that his pathetic port couldnt win the flag after playing 23 home games last year.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Someone said the opposition should target Dusty at 'thigh level' because he has too much upper body strength

How about the "push his head in to the ground"........................Ok Kane, we'll take the 50m for high contact every time you plonker.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Why worry about the umpiring?
We got away with a few things.
I thought Yeah Yeah Kmac was almost best on for us.
From debut to where he is today would KMac win "Most improved"?

Certainly from my perspective he has far exceeded the levels I expected of him in his debut seasons. (On that score Rance blew the dial apart)

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Coming out of their D50, Carlton were able to slice through our zones relatively easily.
The Stand command for the man on the mark certainly helped create space.
Their short angled chip kicks were effective and we struggled to close this down.
I thought Carlton's adaption to and exploitation of the new Stand rule was better than ours.
Obviously many aspects of our game were a little rusty and our pressure was one of them.
Limited sample size I realise, but this new rule has the potential to reduce the effectiveness of our relentless pressure game, partic in our F50.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
"Carlton's Sweet 16"
26 years,, 10 to go
Hey take it easy. Not sure most in cheer squads can actually count.

• Haha

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Forgot my PRE rule of thumb which is to never read the game day threads. God you guys are whingers. Great to be back at the G, awesome atmosphere, banked the 4 points, got to tell my dad some god-awful jokes. That's all that matters
Mine took a while to register, generally worked . . . eventually. But, eventually is too long when thousands are just trying to swipe in or out. Plus, I lost count in about 2 seconds of the people having trouble with the reader not reading the code on their phone, just a great big logjam. The technology is too slow, too unreliable and too cumbersome. It makes Myki look quick and the queues at Richmond station after a game are a testament to how rubbish that system is.

The game did resemble basketball too much. Ball was shooting up and back all night. Is this what the AFL want? It is football but not as we know it. Will be interesting to see if that was an extreme example of the impact of the new rules, was the first game of the year after all. But the complaints will come that this is not the game we grew up with if it continues like this.

DS
swiping out?

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014

In the grand final Dustys last goal he beat 5 players. So that will not work

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Can anybody recall seeing two more miserable Tiger fans at a Richmond victory,

as Benny and Peggy, sitting next to Scott Morrison last night?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Coming out of their D50, Carlton were able to slice through our zones relatively easily.
The Stand command for the man on the mark certainly helped create space.
Their short angled chip kicks were effective and we struggled to close this down.
I thought Carlton's adaption to and exploitation of the new Stand rule was better than ours.
Obviously many aspects of our game were a little rusty and our pressure was one of them.
Limited sample size I realise, but this new rule has the potential to reduce the effectiveness of our relentless pressure game, partic in our F50.
Yes, that's my suspicion - that it's actually a carefully calculated alteration to the game designed by the Geesook lobby to do exactly that. It probably favours the chip and prop, heavily-dependent on marking sides like them.
I suspect a better kicking side (2.6 in Q3?) and stronger endurance team than Cartoon would have threatened us even more last night.

But early days, so maybe we can make it work for us via fast transition.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Haha, Danger tried to attack Dusty around thigh / hip level in the grand final, seemed to work well. Oh hang on!!

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Can anybody recall seeing two more miserable Tiger fans at a Richmond victory,

as Benny and Peggy, sitting next to Scott Morrison last night?
Thought it was nice to see the current Prime Minister and future Prime Minister together at a game.