GAME DAY Tiges v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges v Lions

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
We used to be so clean below the knees, we are fumbling and falling over similiar to what we were like in 2016
Agree we look a little panicky but without making excuses i really feel that the players feel the added panic of the umps screwing them for the slightest. The whistle against us is almost instant. Going the other way it takes an eternity to get a call.

Reactions: 1 user

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Can I suggest we take Jacob Townsend in the midseason draft, on the clear intention that he will be picked for 1 game and 1 reason. Round 18 and closing some loud mouths!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
The season starts NOW ..
can get to the bye 7-5 no problem .

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Expected that. Can't win against a quality side without a midfield.

Also what point is a mozzie fleet if they can't mop anything up?

Too many times the ball was in dispute and there was always a free lions player to sweep away with an easy clearance.... McSuitcase he was everywhere.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Cannot believe Fagan just compared their outs with ours and that it was even at team selection. This guy is clueless. Triple premiership midfield almost completely missing against who? Ill give them Neal and thats it
He's comparing Neale, J.Berry, Gardiner, Rayner, & Lester to Bolton, Sheds, Prestia, Cotch, Lambo, & Soldo...

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Right now we are not good enough and carrying too many passengers so we need a big freshening up for next week
The carrying too many passengers is the biggest one for mine. Believe that a lot of the games weve lost have been due to some really poor team selections

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
You are right though, 15 minutes into that game it was clear the umpires were never gonna give us a fair chance to win it
The big challenge will be to keep our guys mentally focused and motivated, knowing that this criminal operation run by SHocking
is designed to prevent us from continuing our dominance.
It must be soul destroying for our players to give 100% each week and be constantly beaten down like this.
I hope Emma Murray is onto this.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Horrible game to watch live.

umps ruined it as a spectacle.

they seemed to be jnvolved in ever lion score chain

and i reckon 10 brisbane goals came with nank on the bench.

crowd booed dusty.

• Angry

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Nah, was glad to hear/see that he did ......... deplorable and needs to be said out loud. Hell, even those numbnuts in the Fox studio said "he just stated the facts", not sure how you can be fined for that.
Betcha they will. We must be the only professional sports league in the world where a coach is nit allowed to be honest about his feelings regarding the officiating.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hardwick press conference might be interesting....wasn’t happy at half time. 28 point loss might subdue his anger a bit though.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought the inexperienced guys all struggled except for RCD who looked at home weaving through the traffic. He was clearly being played as an outside midfielder, only had 1 contested possession. Naish was disappointing, he's 22yo now but just really struggled. Reminds me a bit of Corey Ellis, moves well but not sure he has the quality needed for AFL level.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Expected that. Can't win against a quality side without a midfield.

Also what point is a mozzie fleet if they can't mop anything up?

Too many times the ball was in dispute and there was always a free lions player to sweep away with an easy clearance.... McSuitcase he was everywhere.
I reckon last week's midfield was stronger
Green Ward Kelly Tarranto Hopper

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Thought the inexperienced guys all struggled except for RCD who looked at home weaving through the traffic. He was clearly being played as an outside midfielder, only had 1 contested possession. Naish was disappointing, he's 22yo now but just really struggled. Reminds me a bit of Corey Ellis, moves well but not sure he has the quality needed for AFL level.
Nothing footballer
Danny Roach part 2.
Jibbed nearly every 50 50 ball tonight.
He won't play again

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
You are making way too much of this. He kicked it poorly tonight, but he's a beautiful kick of the footy usually. Maybe review his previous 50 games before touting him as a poor kick after 1 poor kicking game.
If he gets to the Gryan Myron Byron Griers stage ....................................... then I'll really start to *smile* the bed.

rat bastad

I'm a llama!
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Betcha they will. We must be the only professional sports league in the world where a coach is nit allowed to be honest about his feelings regarding the officiating.
And the only one who's umpires/referees are not full time professionals. Mus'nt be enough $$$$ in the game......right?