GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - TIGES V SWANS

Very surprising how our system broke down - can't recall in all the other smashings how easy the opposition found a free player inside their 50.

Reactions: 1 users
Played dumb footy.

And Dimma thoroughly outclassed.

Sounds like Round 3.

Don't like our chances next week.

Yep. Our system does not work with these rule changes that have created an uncontested game. Dimma will be a master coach if he can change our surge footy attack and inpenetrable zone defence to counter precision kicking. Hocking has done his job at last - he has finally stuffed us - with rule change #27...
Swans gameplan today was actually very similar to what the Pies did to us in 2018. New rules make It easier to execute though i still think you need to play the perfect game to execute it and today they did as did the Pies in 2018. Question is how many teams can execute it and play their prefect game? Swans wont have the same result against if we played next week. The dilemma for the coaches is do we panic and try and reinvent the wheel or stick to our guns and recycle the team till we find the right amount of hunger and experience to have a crack again this year. Going to be an interesting one. Reckon it will be harder to win it this year thsn last even though we spent the majority of the time on the road

Swans gameplan today was actually very similar to what the Pies did to us in 2018. New rules make It easier to execute though i still think you need to play the perfect game to execute it and today they did as did the Pies in 2018. Question is how many teams can execute it and play their prefect game? Swans wont have the same result against if we played next week. The dilemma for the coaches is do we panic and try and reinvent the wheel or stick to our guns and recycle the team till we find the right amount of hunger and experience to have a crack again this year. Going to be an interesting one. Reckon it will be harder to win it this year thsn last even though we spent the majority of the time on the road
Best thing to realise changes and updates now than later. I blame the coaches on this loss. Not enough of due diligence when it was all in the media since R1. I never liked the teasing we do in games and this showed how we can get exposed today. Can't wait to get the faster kids in.

Reactions: 1 user
Very surprising how our system broke down - can't recall in all the other smashings how easy the opposition found a free player inside their 50.

I think people have short memories.

when we lose, we look dreadful.

its pretty much the richmond way.

swans kicked 8 goals in the 2nd quarter ........ and won by 7.5 goals

Reactions: 5 users
First time we have conceded 100 by 3rd Q time since 2017.

looks like it’s back to the bad old days

Hawthorn last year. St Kilda 17. Thats 2 recollections without even trying. It happens.

So how is it that we also struggle getting a kid winning a RS nomination and yet these pricks gain with a click of the finger? Possibly 3 weeks in a row now.

I think The Richmond Process

is a bit like making love to your wife, or husband.

it mostly works very well. its predictable, and if you both play your role, good things happen.

but on the odd occasion the system breaks down, maybe you become outcomes focussed? or dont put enough time into the opposition?

its dreadful,

and you grab a stubby, drink it by the light of the fridge,

and go to sleep.

and front up next week full of optimism. or if your lucky, youlle get a 3 day turnaround.

you might tweek the system slightly, but you stick to The Process,

and dont care what anyone says beyond your 4 walls.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I went today. Really *smile* performance, umpires absolutly shocking once again.
And Sydney spend 2 years struggling and then they wake up with Matthew Lloyd, Chris Judd and Luke Power.
Where the *smile* is our academy??

Reactions: 2 users

So if we forget the second quarter, we won.

I dont think that's true.

just off the top of my head, in '17,

crows and saints demolished us.

unless crows piled on 15 goals in a quarter, I think it was a comprehensive, 4 quarter shellacking

in '19, we got schooled by 50 on several occasions.

it happens.

I thought today’s game resembled that crows game in 17 , we looked lost for answers to their attack ,

And funnily enough , pyke is looking after the swans attack , they are looking a bit like the crows in 17 .

Reactions: 4 users
I thought today’s game resembled that crows game in 17 , we looked lost for answers to their attack ,

And funnily enough , pyke is looking after the swans attack , they are looking a bit like the crows in 17 .
Looks like the brainwashing is just a quarter of the way there for them.

Exactly.

People do have short memories.

We don't play pretty football when we win and look real ugly when we lose.

If our pressure is down we look second rate.

our best football is finals football and no one can go with us.

I went today. Really *smile* performance, umpires absolutly shocking once again.
And Sydney spend 2 years struggling and then they wake up with Matthew Lloyd, Chris Judd and Luke Power.
Where the *smile* is our academy??
Our academy is great. We wouldn't have Egg without it.

• Haha
I think The Richmond Process

is a bit like making love to your wife, or husband.

it mostly works very well. its predictable, and if you both play your role, good things happen.

but on the odd occasion the system breaks down, maybe you become outcomes focussed? or dont put enough time into the opposition?

its dreadful,

and you grab a stubby, drink it by the light of the fridge,

and go to sleep.

and front up next week full of optimism. or if your lucky, youlle get a 3 day turnaround.

you might tweek the system slightly, but you stick to The Process,

and dont care what anyone says beyond your 4 walls.
I should be so lucky. Straight to the MRP for me and a 6 week ban!

yeah I'm not worried about that. we looked lost on our own turf which is weird, but it happens.
Reminded me of the Hawks loss last year.
as eZy says, its the Richmond way - when we lose, we lose badly.
losing Dion early was a bummer ..