GAME DAY - Tiges vs Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - Tiges vs Dees

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Agree and disagree with many , yep I still think we’ll be there when whips are cracking , though injuries can cause a big problem, however I also think the dees will also bee there , they have all areas of the ground covered , plus many good kids in the magoos, that’s beside brown and Weideman , they may not go all the way, but there as good as any other team outside of us in September
Yeah fair points. They do seem to have a good balance all over the park and their mids are very clean. Just still cant see them taking out the big one.

Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
We have won 3 flags what else do you want? A pizza with the lot.
Unless the rules change again we are screwed because so few of our players can kick well enough to hit targets in this spread and keep off gamestyle. Our handball game is a fumbly mess.

We couldn't get near them because they could not only kick well and hit targets by hand but also apply more pressure than we did.
We were cut to pieces.

I kept thinking at half time the Tiges would regroup and just turn the ratchet up again in the 2nd half and cause the demons to crumble, but they were having none of it.

They were cleaner; better in the contests and seemingly quicker across the board.

And I’m starting to think that the whole ‘we will be ok when the whips are cracking’ is being overplayed. I think we have a personnel issue that will prevent us playing a meaningful part in the 21 finals.

Some of it is the *smile**y rule changes that have effected how the game is now played, and some of it is some players seemingly past their best, and some of it is because we have been in a position for 4 years where there was no reason to bring in new band members.

As has been mentioned on here already, you can’t have everything.

I have faith in the Richmond organisation, and I reckon that with some clever drafting this year we can be back in the hunt very quickly.

Reactions: 11 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Can’t see what all the worry is PRE.

Its April, we lose game and lose badly early in the season.

Sit back. Remember we have back to backs in the bag, footy is good.

We will have ups and downs and happy to have a down now

- 2018 we didn’t have a down till the end of the year and we didn’t make the grannie
- 2019, we had 2 shockers in the first 3 rounds, lost to the pies (44pts) and GWS (49 pts) and then a bit later 3 shockers in the row, lost to lolnorf (37 pts), cats (67 pts), and Adelaide (33 pts) but all I remember is that 2019 was a bloody good year.

We do our best work later in the year.

We will get to see some debutants next week - can’t wait.
We are also a year older and a year slower. We have a new rule that has literally killed our entire game plan. Yeah not as confident as others.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Can’t just think our form will magically reappear. Need some structure & personnel changes to get the team going again. Two rucks, midfield speed & out of form players like Lynch & Rioli dropped.

Reactions: 2 users

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Can’t see what all the worry is PRE.

Its April, we lose game and lose badly early in the season.

Sit back. Remember we have back to backs in the bag, footy is good.

We will have ups and downs and happy to have a down now

- 2018 we didn’t have a down till the end of the year and we didn’t make the grannie
- 2019, we had 2 shockers in the first 3 rounds, lost to the pies (44pts) and GWS (49 pts) and then a bit later 3 shockers in the row, lost to lolnorf (37 pts), cats (67 pts), and Adelaide (33 pts) but all I remember is that 2019 was a bloody good year.

We do our best work later in the year.

We will get to see some debutants next week - can’t wait.
Wow, nine days is a lifetime in footy, I concur with all of this.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We were cut to pieces.

I kept thinking at half time the Tiges would regroup and just turn the ratchet up again in the 2nd half and cause the demons to crumble, but they were having none of it.

They were cleaner; better in the contests and seemingly quicker across the board.

And I’m starting to think that the whole ‘we will be ok when the whips are cracking’ is being overplayed. I think we have a personnel issue that will prevent us playing a meaningful part in the 21 finals.

Some of it is the *smile**y rule changes that have effected how the game is now played, and some of it is some players seemingly past their best, and some of it is because we have been in a position for 4 years where there was no reason to bring in new band members.

As has been mentioned on here already, you can’t have everything.

I have faith in the Richmond organisation, and I reckon that with some clever drafting this year we can be back in the hunt very quickly.

Crikey I haven’t given up on a 3 peat performance yet - long way to go yet

Reactions: 3 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Not as bad as it looked. kick straight game on. Llynch did he play ?. Also that Pickett for Dees better keep an eye on him for all the wrong reasons.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Any more cliches you want to throw my way gramps?
Yes but it is not a cliche.
Players from all sides are often heaped with abuse from unwitting and anonymous fans. It is particularly offensive and I believe racist, when abuse which addresses intellect is addressed to an indigenous player. I don’t say you are a racist but some may wonder.

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Beaten at our own game -- numbers at the contest, pressure across the ground, and speed

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'm really not feeling that confident. We've won 3 games against 12th, 14th, 17th and 2 of those teams were still in it in the last quarter. Our experience got us over the line. Then convincing loss against Swans who's form line since hasnt been great. Melbourne cut us to pieces. Port was an honest game.

Next 4 or 5 weeks are crucial. Bulldogs, Cats, Lions, GWS, Crows. If we only win 2 of those and go 5-6, we potentially have to win 9 of 11 just to make finals.

I just don't think with injuries building atm and a couple of older players struggling, that we're in a position to turn it all around.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Vlaustin and Meatball will help, but they won’t solve for the atrocious and predictable movement of the ball into our forward line and what then happens afterwards.

We used to spread it around in our forward line and now we look for Jack and Lynch 90% of the time it seems. so predictable. So easy to beat. Hardwick mentioned this after the Swans game. It’s still a problem for us.

And when we once had a ferocious set of small forwards, we now have 3 blokes shockingly out of form and applying half the pressure we used to. And quite frankly, I dunno who else we’ve got to try down there. MJ isn’t ready. Who is there ?

Vlaustin and Meatball won’t help with any of that. Nor with a midfield that’s starting to look slow.

Reactions: 5 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
We completely lost our structure tonight. Got sucked up the ground at both ends and made it easy for the Dees to get it over the back of us - and also easy to crowd our outer ring mids. We’ll learn from this loss.

Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Not as bad as it looked. kick straight game on. Llynch did he play ?. Also that Pickett for Dees better keep an eye on him for all the wrong reasons.
I thought lynch really competed all night but was not supported well by the mids, small forwards or the non selection of another tall

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
Have won 3 of the last 4. Later start due to playing in the granny. Most important mid - Prestia. (With Dusty being mid/fwd of course). Most important defender - arguably Vlastuin. We haven't been near our best. We aren't guaranteed to have a great season, but it's a long season. We are far from done.

Reactions: 3 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Vlaustin and Meatball will help, but they won’t solve for the atrocious and predictable movement of the ball into our forward line and what then happens afterwards.

We used to spread it around in our forward line and now we look for Jack and Lynch 90% of the time it seems. so predictable. So easy to beat. Hardwick mentioned this after the Swans game. It’s still a problem for us.

And when we once had a ferocious set of small forwards, we now have 3 blokes shockingly out of form and applying half the pressure we used to. And quite frankly, I dunno who else we’ve got to try down there. MJ isn’t ready. Who is there ?

Vlaustin and Meatball won’t help with any of that. Nor with a midfield that’s starting to look slow.
MJ is readier than aarts!

Reactions: 1 users