Game day V GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day V GWS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Win today and we put a bit of a gap on a few of the pretenders for the eight.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Win today and we put a bit of a gap on a few of the pretenders for the eight.

Yep, and lose and we're out of the 8. Every game's important from this point on. Today's game will give us a good idea of where we're at.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah today goes a long way to determining our contender credentials I reckon.

I have a disturbing calm, which is sometimes a harbinger of defeat.

But without Kelly and Mummy and Finlayson (didn't he kick 4 against us last time?),

Im confident of a business-like solid win

Tigers by 29.

Lynch to kick 7

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We could end up anywhere from 4th to 9th after today. Biggest game since the prelim. Hopefully the boys bring the required attitude.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Looking forward to the challenge and to see how our A team (which we really haven’t seen since the early rounds) goes against a good side.

Also looking to see how our new wave of players (stack, Bolton, egg etc) continue to develop.

Their outs will hurt them more than ours (add De Bore to your list EzYt).

The weather and ground to our advantage also.

Sort of expecting a similar game to the 2017? return game at the G later in that season where it took us a quarter to get going then they hardly kicked a goal after quarter time - here’s hoping.

Jack to get through the game OK (kicks a late goal) and tigers with a hard fought 21 pt win.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
As everyone in Melbourne is getting ready to go to the footy, I'm getting ready to go to the ballet. FML!!!

Looks like I will be avoiding all social media until I can watch the recording later this evening.

Go Tiges, let's get this done

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
We have stuffed them before at the G on a wet deck,

Cant help but imagine , they will be thinking, bugger , why did it have to be wet, this doesnt suit us,

And we will be thinking nothing negative of the sort,

its a psychological advantage our way IMO

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
As everyone in Melbourne is getting ready to go to the footy, I'm getting ready to go to the ballet. FML!!!

Looks like I will be avoiding all social media until I can watch the recording later this evening.

Go Tiges, let's get this done

Are you one of the ballet Brissy???

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Looking forward to today's match. Will be a stern test for the Yellow and Black. While there seems to be a few factors falling our way (GWS outs. MCG and the weather) I am still expecting the Giants to come out and have a fair dinkum crack at knocking us over. They will be wanting to re-assert themselves after some recent losses, so the Tigers will have to absorb a lot of pressure and intensity in the first half. I think the Tigers have the fortitude to get it done today, but it ain't going to be a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination. Richmond by nine points.
Go Tigers!

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Yep, and lose and we're out of the 8. Every game's important from this point on. Today's game will give us a good idea of where we're at.

Not that we need any other excuses to win but

- GWS and WCE are the only teams we haven’t beaten since the wonderful 2017 GF.

- if we don’t win today, it will be the first time GWS has beaten us on the MCG.

- GWS and Coll are our current nemesis: each with 2 wins in a row against us.