Game day vs Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day vs Port

How much wil we win by today?

• 0-10 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-30pts

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • 30-50pts

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • 51±

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • We'll lose

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cheese Sanga

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
A win next week against the Maggots is the key to our season if we can manage to turn them over our belief will grow in a huge way.

It will also announce to all and sundry that they better start paying attention.

The thought of facing Collingwood or the Tigers on the G in the Q/F gives them the sweats.

I like your thinking/attitude, craig.
Can't wait for next week against Collingwood. Reckon the Tigers can beat these wannabes and announce their credentials to the rest of the competition.

Reactions: 1 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Good win & we always seemed in control. Plenty of good contributors & geez it’s great to sometimes see Lynch Jack & Dusty. All inside forward 50 ! Dusty hasn’t exploded up there but it does make sure they put a decent defender on him which stops that player from helping out on Tom or Jack ! At some stage he will kick crucial goals down there !

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How was the Port kids' (Dursma?) Robin Hood goal celebration .......

6 goals down in front of 50,000 tigers?

Jeez, what an extraordinary lack of insight into his relative position in time and space.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008

Jeez, what an extraordinary lack of insight into his relative position in time and space.
There were chants of ‘wanker’ where we were standing

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Cut this over hand balling crap tho won't get away with it against quality sides.

Reactions: 2 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
It wouldn’t be the worst thing if the maggies got us again on Friday night and we kept our powder dry for September.

Like they did to us last year.

I like us as the hunters. You always want to win, but I am more relaxed about Friday than I am about other fixtures coming up.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Very embarrassing for him. What was he thinking?

• Haha

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought we dominated the game. Should have been 60 points. The frustrating thing was over doing the handballs, way too many often came unstuck. Satisfy g win nevertheless.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Very embarrassing for him. What was he thinking?

I must admit I felt a bit sorry for him.

he was probably thinking of some content for his instagram?

he'll certainly get kicked in the arse on Monday

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We need to smash the Pies next Friday. For a start, they are a key rival for top four, and we need to be top four to have a realistic shot. They have beaten us handily twice in a row and we need to show them who is boss.

We need to own our excellence. Teams are now scared of us and we need to keep them living in fear.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We need to smash the Pies next Friday. For a start, they are a key rival for top four, and we need to be top four to have a realistic shot. They have beaten us handily twice in a row and we need to show them who is boss.

We need to own our excellence. Teams are now scared of us and we need to keep them living in fear.
Yep 100% composure. Just noticed it's gonna be wet too.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
It wouldn’t be the worst thing if the maggies got us again on Friday night and we kept our powder dry for September.

Like they did to us last year.

I like us as the hunters. You always want to win, but I am more relaxed about Friday than I am about other fixtures coming up.

Nah - I know what you are saying but we want their spot in the top 4 and the only way we can get it is by beating them on Friday.

And we owe them still.

And they are the pies - win and win well

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014

Someone should rip the footage, and overlay his bow and arrow celebration on top of videos of different landmarks around the world. I’d like to see a clip of him doing it on the moon, with the stupid INXS track Port uses as the theme music.

• Haha

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Won't matter where the Tigers finish in the eight come September, Antman,
Reckon the Tigers are going to be a fair dinkum threat from whichever position they finish.
Don't mind the idea of the Tigers having to play four games on the trot to win the flag. They can do it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Won't matter where the Tigers finish in the eight come September, Antman,
Reckon the Tigers are going to be a fair dinkum threat from whichever position they finish.
Don't mind the idea of the Tigers having to play four games on the trot to win the flag. They can do it.

Would be a fun ride for sure if they could do it BT. Danger is interstate finals, although that could still happen with WCE in the top four. I still want the double chance.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Would be a fun ride for sure if they could do it BT. Danger is interstate finals, although that could still happen with WCE in the top four. I still want the double chance.

Sure. Double chance would be good, excellent in fact. Just have this sense this year that the Tigers are a different team. It's almost as though they want to be considered underdogs so they can go out there and prove the critics wrong.
RFC were magnificent last year, but being the front runners seemed to take its toll in the end.
The Tigers are wanting to pounce and, in my limited opinion, play their best footy (most of the time, anyway) when there is nothing to lose.
Something very much to like about Richmond this year. It's a sort of season I am not sure I have seen or experienced for some time.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, has been an amazing season. I thought we could manage without Rance but had serious doubts when we started dropping like flies in the first half of the season. Yet we got to the bye with a positive record and some great away results.

The team seems to have that 2017 belief again now, but also a quiet confidence, almost arrogance right now. It's fantastic.