GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY: PF 2020 Port v Rich

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
Don't expect anything else from these feral arseholes.
They are a *smile* club from Kochie all the way down to their disgusting inbred supporter base.
Case in point, Lynch was consoling a young Port supporter who was crying after the game. The Port ferals were abusing Lynch and throwing stuff at him.
They can stick their pathetic 'You'll never tear us apart' schtick up their collective arses!! They are a nothing club!!
That was one of the best finals wins in our 135 year history, given the context and adversity.
Lynch was consoling a young Port supporter who was crying after the game. YEAH, Telling him to barrack for Richmond next time!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
That's the first time I've ever paced. I had to stand after Dixon kicked truly my stomach was in knots! Never had it before!!!!

I haven't wanted to win a game so bad as this one for so many reasons but mainly because I'm sick of the media tainting us at every turn, even the commentators picking Port frees when they didnt get 'em!

The hate is palpable.
Mate I hear ya.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
2 moments from our valiant opponent should be revered and scorned,

in equal measure.

scorn Xavier Dursnaaaas high speed arrow and taunting of big Tom Lynch.

revere Brad Eberts final act as an AFL footballer, going back with the flight into our Jack.

Reactions: 10 users

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Funny you should bring up her name after all these years. Rosie was the reason for the change-room stoush between Sheedy and Barrot back in '67. I believe she now works part time for Deloitte, doing the Welcome to Country at their AGMs.
I could believe that ................. must say, we did do a few "rounds" many many years ago during the good ol' days of Oakley-Nicholls, Tambling and that Pea-hearted Half Back we got from the Doggies (his name escapes me at the moment, surprise, surprise) .... McMahon, Jordy Marshmellow McMahon...........ahhhhhhhh, the memories !!!!

I wonder if she still stalks Daniel Jackson with the same intensity ? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
One thing I forgot to mention earlier, the defence in that game was astounding.

I always look at the inside 50 efficiency stat. If you can keep the other team to about 30-35% you are well on the way to winning.

Tonight:
Port Adelaide scored from 18% of inside 50s.
Richmond scored from 36% of inside 50s

They are amazing numbers and a testament to just how much pressure was on from both teams all game.

Agree on Ebert's courage, he looked to be ok a bit later which is a good sign but given his history of concussion that was bloody impressive.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
One thing I forgot to mention earlier, the defence in that game was astounding.

I always look at the inside 50 efficiency stat. If you can keep the other team to about 30-35% you are well on the way to winning.

Tonight:
Port Adelaide scored from 18% of inside 50s.
Richmond scored from 36% of inside 50s

They are amazing numbers and a testament to just how much pressure was on from both teams all game.

Agree on Ebert's courage, he looked to be ok a bit later which is a good sign but given his history of concussion that was bloody impressive.

DS
Was a full on defensive game but our backline is immense. Having Broad back makes me sleep better at night, don’t why just does. Perhaps it was the job he did on Nick Riewoldt in the last round in 2017 when he was a nobody. Love our backline.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
That was about as idiotic as I've ever seen. :mad:
Yes, I agree. The definition of a brain fade. Does he even know what he was doing? But, TBF, I thought he played a good game. He was very clean with the ball when others handled it like a bar of soap. Good all night I thought, and won some very handy possessions, generally used it well in a huge pressure match.
Forgive.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
One of the greatest wins I have witnessed. Hostile environment, back against the wall, hated by the football world. But we did it.

Shove that up your clacker Kane Cornes!

Here here.

Shoved it up everyone not just Cornes.

Both Bears and Sooks likely be a bit dissapointed that we got up I reckon.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Boak's a *smile* arsehat; always has been always will be. Typical of that *smile* chip on the shoulder club that is Port Adelaide. No one gives a *smile* about your 36 C grade flags. You had all the favours this year and still couldn't beat a team that hasn't been home for 4 months.

*smile* off back to the SANFL where you belong.
Sorry Ridly, Poor UN Richmond esque comment. Better to say nothing.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Fraggle rock they are a good side to see the back of. TTFN for 2020 dearies and a special toodles to Duursma.

Seriously the idiot doesn't play on Lynch so getting up him is nothing more than a huge plaudit for how scary PA find Lynch. Does anyone think little Xavier will get nightmares now that the big bad Tom will be coming to get him?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
That deliberate out of bounds by Hartlett was the most blatant I have seen all year. He was 3 metres from the boundary with 2 team mates close by. He did not even try to tap it to one of them. Didn't even look at them. Had eyes only for the boundary line and he put it right in the middle of his 2 team mates. Deliberate as clear as day.

*smile* off Port supporters you inbred morons.
Was not just deliberate he Should have been pinged for a throw .. Would have given us a free shot from the corridor.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Sorry Ridly, Poor UN Richmond esque comment. Better to say nothing.
Nah *smile* em. They been bitching and moaning and seeking attention ever since they came into our competition.

Ooooh look at us we've won 36 flags and they should count. Oooooh we should be allowed to wear our black and white stripe jumper and be called the Magpies even though there is already a team with that combination that has been playing in the comp for 100 years. Oooooh look at us we can sing a love song before the game and show everyone how passionate we are. Ooooooh Tom Lynch is nasty. Ooooooooh I hope Richmond is enjoying their season. Oooooooooohhh Richmond only win flags because of the MCG.

They can get *smile*.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
The worst decision of the year. That's how much the umpires *smile* us; now they're even giving frees against us when our opponents run into each other.
That was seriously the worst exhibition of umpiring I can recall and as stated, I usually pay very little attention to umpiring, I believe in more cases than not, it all evens out over the course of a game. But NOT tonight, that was indescribable how one-sided the calls were, from head high tackles to deliberate OOB's to incorrect disposal, it was a complete 180 as to who got them For or Against, lets hope none of those 3 tonight get a gig in the Granny, they should be truely embarrassed by that effort.................(and somewhere in his burrow, Razor Ray is saying ....... "See, I knew I wasn't that bad !")

• Haha