G'day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

G'day

smoo

The Tiger Roars Again!
Sep 8, 2003
Melbourne
www.techspeak.biz
;D
Hello all. I am a first time poster, but long time observer of this site. Thought it was high time that I join in, having spent many hours observing the rants, raves, comments, etc. of my fellow longsuffering Tigers supporters. I look forward to putting forth my opinions (remember they are similar to something that we all have...!) and dissecting the responses.... As a budding IT student, I woild also like to offer what I can in assistance to the site, either through myself or my fellow students. TTFN....Smoo.

Welcome to PuntRoadEnd smoo. :)
Your IT ideas and suggestions would be very welcome.
In fact anyone at all's ideas are welcome.

Might give the site a slight spruce up over the pre season.

Thanks for the welcome....as for how to improve a once feared club....I am frying brain cells very quickly on that one :D ...My only logical thoughts at this stage are: 1. It is definitely time that the club became truly honest with itself...poor past administration, inadequate management of the player list, and a general lack of accountability (from top to bottom) for poor performance over the last 20 or so years have put RFC where it is now...2. Aggressive and proactive action ala Collingwood (blurggggggghhhhhh....ahhhrgghhhh!..My better half follows them so I have to admit to their current burst of "success") and other clubs. 3. I could go on and on but am still trying to think about this as we all are.
Rosy, re any assistance on the IT side of things: As mentioned, I am a "budding" IT student. I will offer any assistance possible. I am in a mixed class where I am middle of the road re experience. I have a few in the class who are close to "guru" class that I get along well with (btw...I am not in IT "geek" category...lol...:)). One way or another, I am sure I will be able to help.

Cheers,

Smoo.....

SMOO welcome aboard.

Maybe you can write a program that will take the idiot factor out of running a football club. 8) ;D

I am sure you would be an instant millionare overnight.

:-\ ;D
Thanks GT....there are a couple of RFC supporters in the class...will see if we can come up with someting...lol...BTW...love the sig. at the end of your messages. I disctinctly remember Mc Avaney's commentary and I am pretty sure I still have that game on tape....Classic stuff.....

Hiya smoo and welcome to this fantastic site !

Heres one to start you off (IT problem that is) I keep getting an error message: Svchost.exe has done something or other and will be shut down. An error log is being created.

After this I can still do most things except click on certain things cut n paste and minor things like that, that aren't annoying until you can't do them.

For example I couldn't qoute anyone by cutting and pasting what they had said because this error message always comes up not long after I connect to the Internet.

Cheers in advance

TD

Re:G'day - Info for Tigerdog

Hi Tigerdog...thanks for the welcome message!
I have class tomorrow night so will see if I can get some more info. Don't know what your knowledge re IT is but the ".exe" part of "Svchost.exe" means "executable". It is a command that is telling your PC to do something. You said that the error msg comes up not long after you connect to the internet. Without knowing what Operating System (eg Windows 98, XP, etc.), and what other software you have, it can be a bit of a stab in the dark. I am assuming you are on dial-up internet, if not let me know if you are running broadband. From what you said, the error is happening everytime you connect to the internet. I have copied your post onto disk and will run it by a few classmates. Can't promise an easy answer but I will do my best.
Cheers,
Smoo.

Thanx smoo. I have windows 2000 I guess I could always take it back to the place I bought it. But that would mean physical effort :eek:

;D ;D ;D
Hey TD, know what you mean re the physical effort...lol...
Some interesting info for you....
Firstly...ran it by the guys in class. We are running Win 2000 on the class PC's. Went to the "find" comman on Win 2K. No such file existed on any of the class PC's. Good News and Bad News:
Bad News: General opinion was that you may have a Trojan in your PC.
Good News: Program called Trojan Remover can be downloaded from the following link. You will get a 30 day free evaluation (if the link doesn't work, just type Trojan Remover in whatever home page you are using - google is prob the best to use). Link is:
http://simplysup.com/download/trjsetup.exe

Other info: 2.75 Mb approx download, quick install. No guarantee that this is definitely the prob/definitely the fix. See how you go. If you are still having probs after this will forward my private email to get more info from u and see what can be done from there. Only to happy to help.
Cheers,
Smoo.....