Geelong's 1st pick 2021. Its ours | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Geelong's 1st pick 2021. Its ours

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Plus revenge for the pre lim loss
would be rapt if Geesook lost. But dont think they will.
Freekicks to the sooks will be high; lions not the smartest team going round, wont play that ground well I dont think.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Channel 9 night said Geelong have 'depth' and should be able to cover losing Dangerfield with either Tuoey or Henry.
Shut the stinking joint down.
Zac Guthrie is still getting selected.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Freekicks to the sooks will be high; lions not the smartest team going round, wont play that ground well I dont think.
Either way one of em is 0 - 2 come round 3 and the percentages drop away for making finals from there.

Good times

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Either way one of em is 0 - 2 come round 3 and the percentages drop away for making finals from there.

Good times

it was mentioned earlier that only 5 teams out of the past 58 have made the finals from 0-2

Reactions: 1 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
It would SOOOO add to the story of this current group if Shelong goes to the same hell as the previous 2 wannabes.

" If your're going to kill the King, hell awaits should failure be the outcome"

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Both Geesook and BrisVegas will play finals this year. To suggest otherwise is silly

we started with a win, draw and 2 losses last year and won the GF In a 17 round season. 2 losses means nothing in a 23 Rd season

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Both Geesook and BrisVegas will play finals this year. To suggest otherwise is silly

we started with a win, draw and 2 losses last year and won the GF In a 17 round season. 2 losses means nothing in a 23 Rd season
Whilst thats a high possibility , it would also be massive pressure on these 2 teams

Lions you and inexperienced and not knowing what to do

Cats old and burnt out with their best player suspended and old legs just cant cope with 120 mins of running out games under the pressure of missing out on finals after going all in with pensioners

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hopefully after the gf and rd1 losses, the geelol playing group start to really doubt the coach and system anf fall in a heap.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its a really hard game tomorrow to tip, cant stand the old codger, but Geelong are just a hopless football club.
Im tipping a draw

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The lack of wing space makes in a godsend for Dad's Army and an unusual experience for Lions.

Still think Brisbane will win easily.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. With the amount of Games in Geelong they are still destined to finish top 4,5 or 6. Cant see them dropping off much in the year. The first few rounds always have a few surprises

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. With the amount of Games in Geelong they are still destined to finish top 4,5 or 6. Cant see them dropping off much in the year. The first few rounds always have a few surprises
I want surprises.
You could've said the same about the crows in 2018 and the Giants in 2020.
The Punt rd Grim Reaper is in Geelong

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
it was mentioned earlier that only 5 teams out of the past 58 have made the finals from 0-2
History tells us otherwise if they are the first two games of the season.

Clearly because a lot of them were crap Teams. If the 2010 tigers were 2-0 you probably still would have expected them to misss. Just like we all still expect the 1-0 crows and 1-0 swans to miss

Correlation and causation are different things. I’m a maths nerd but we should leave this simplistic analysis to the media for clickbait headlines to create a crisis. Clearly there is some impact of losing games with where you end up the year but the biggest cause of where you end up for the year is how good your team will be on average and probably also how difficult your opponents are given luck of the draw.

If a good team is 0-2 for whatever reason then their chances of making the eight are lower than at the start of the year but better than 10%. If a crap team is 0-2 their chances of making the eight will be way less than 10%. Saying all 0-2 teams have a 5/58 chance of making eight just doesn’t make sense because some of them are still good teams but the bulk will be very poor teams.

betting markets will give a good indication of actual odds.

but yes I’m massively deathriding Geelong and they are screwed if they lose (I hope)

Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
You're probably right, KK, but the Cats still have to play the Tigers twice, Port at Adelaide Oval, Sydney at the SCG and Brisbane at the 'Gabba all before the end of July. Saints at Docklands and Freo at Perth Stadium won't be walks in the park, either. Drop this one and things suddenly get a bit harder.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
History tells us otherwise if they are the first two games of the season.
Would you still expect us to play finals this year if we dropped our first 2 games? We don't start to take things seriously until the bye in every year we've won the GF

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

On face value I tend to agree but history says otherwise. As someone else posted only 5 teams from the last 58 to start a season 0-2 have made the finals in that same season.

Plus teams can drop off quickly as we have seen with Crows in 2018 and Giants in 2020; no one predicted them to miss finals.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
On face value I tend to agree but history says otherwise. As someone else posted only 5 teams from the last 58 to start a season 0-2 have made the finals in that same season.

Plus teams can drop off quickly as we have seen with Crows in 2018 and Giants in 2020; no one predicted them to miss finals.
I'd luv nothing more than the Kitty Litter Cats to miss the finals, particularly given we get a gift wrapped top 10 pick as a result. However, given the number of games they have at home this year the vast majority of which they'll win I expect them to make it. It will take a massive injury toll to see them fall away significantly.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Nice little stat but the real one to look at is the number of finalists (and even the top 4 to be more relevant to Geelong and Brisbane) from the year before start out 0-2 the following year.

Plenty of the 58 teams in that stat would have been expected to start 0-2 like North this year and had no chance of making finals anyway

Reactions: 2 users