Get Matthew Richardson away from goals (HeraldSun) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get Matthew Richardson away from goals (HeraldSun)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
theclaw
And hes wrong about richo he needs to be traded asap

I think I remember Mike calling for his trade a year or so ago. It's not going to happen people. Just accept it.
Danny going at the end of the season may be a different story... time will tell.

I'd like to go on the record as saying that I think you are wanker also Mike. 8)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Mike Sheehan - can you post an article along the lines of -

"The majority of tiger fans have lost total faith in Frawely and thousands will not re-sign if he is kept on"

Wonder what Clinton Casey's and Ian Campbell's reaction would be to this when they open the sunday paper at breakfast.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Why do you say that Julz. Don't you agree with Sheehans article? It's only what 99% of us have been saying on here for years. ;)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I think Julz has made a very good point. Let's get Mr "What Do You Think" away from us. Ever since he wrote his "These Tigers are the Real Deal" article in May we haven't won a game.

He has cursed us. :-\

;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D

S

Skyfire

Harry said:
Mike Sheehan - can you post an article along the lines of -

"The majority of tiger fans have lost total faith in Frawely and thousands will not re-sign if he is kept on"

Wonder what Clinton Casey's and Ian Campbell's reaction would be to this when they open the sunday paper at breakfast.

hopefully their reaction would be to treat it with the contempt it deserves..

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
Mike - Richo is not our biggest problem.

In the games we have lost our midfield has always been beaten. It still lacks pace and hardness. Our ruck devision never dominates the hit-outs and our entire forward line is not functioanal.

Writing about the real reasons may not sell as many papers. Richo is an easy target and public love to heap it on him.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Bazz,
You are correct to a point, but;
The midfield went well when everybody was playing.
The team went well early in the year, even w/o Richo.

Ditching/keeping Richo is not the solution or the be-all end-all, but in many of our opinions, Richo is no longer (never has been) an asset to the team. We 'Get rid of Richo' people believe (I do anyway) that the team with Richo in it is incapable of being a top team. Maybe it goes no better without him, but at least there is space on the park for new leaders, new targets and new attitudes. Richmond has proven that Richo's traits (inconsistency, questionable mental strength etc) are a metaphor for the team.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Here here Hutstar, your knowledge of the game is second to none, your post was both informative and concise and you are a breath of fresh air.

Who, let me ask you all, can afford to have a spearhead forward kicking 1.4, giving away 3 free kicks and having 3 clangers a match?

Richo, though he might win some games off his own boot, is now all too often losing more than he wins for us, and when that happens he becomes a liability.

I know discussing this is useless because we will never trade Richo but I feel its going to be our downfall keeping him.

gdbarrett

Jun 18, 2003
Albury
The midfield went well when they were playing bottom eight teams. The exception being Freo at the G in the wet. They are yet to prove anything against quality opposition.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
When Richo misses those easy set shots,it sends a negative shudder throughout the whole team.
P.S. Sheehan -I h8 your paper (4 pages on trying to get Stafford suspended for eg. )and I h8 you .
Herald Sun-anti richmond s.t c..k paper.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Bazz said:
Writing about the real reasons may not sell as many papers. Richo is an easy target and public love to heap it on him.

Spot on. Or to quote everyone else "here, here - you are a breath of fresh air - concise blah blah blah". Funny how when things are good everyone loves Richo. Richo isn't the only one not playing well - most of the team fall into the same category.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
i think that if we can get the midfield on the park together and up and running alot of other problems will take care of themselves.

It is a bit harsh criticising the midfield as there have been very few games this year when they have all been on the park together.

I still believe that CAMPBO, COGS, JOHNSON and BLUMMFIELD all on the field and fit together will trouble some sides, including those above us. unfortunately it has hardly happened this year so far for various reason.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
When you have the circus ring-leader frawdudley directing traffic it makes no difference who you have on the park. We were almost full strength against brisbane and carlton and were shown how pathetic we are. It was chaos - as if all the trafic lights were amber.

No system
No run
No support
No awareness of where teamates are
No shepherding
No momentum
NO TEAMWORK

These are the reasons why we are a rabble. Not because of richo and not because of the personnel we have in the midfield. In saying this we should trade richo as he can fetch some handy high draft picks that will possibly find us a future 10-15 year champion.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Julz,
1. Agreed- Campbo is way too important to the team, and i for one think the 'leadership group' is as weak as *smile* at the moment. Gas, for mine is a top player, but not the leadership type.
2. We all love watching Richo on song- everybody does- but being a good team is not about that. Capper was great to watch as well, but it does not make them an important or contributing player. Richo's best is awesome, we all know that, but it is rare. Richo's worst is horrific, and all to common. Richo does not, at the end of the day, add anything to Richmond that will make the team top notch, but does contribute much to the characteristics the team has displayed for a long period of time.

John F,
Blow that breath of fresh air out your .... ;D

gdbarrett

Jun 18, 2003
Albury
What even rarer than Richo in full flight is seeing our midfield dominate. Campbell is getting too old, slow and unreliable for the midfield. Play him off the half back flank, he did some great work last year in that role. Blumfield is not a midfielder - that has been invented. He did his best work at Essendon as a marking HFFer. Johnson is not the hard nut we we told. Coglan is great young kid and Tiva is a good attacking receiver. We need to continue to test the young blokes 1) Newman 2) Krakouer 3) Rodan.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Why would we play Campbell across half back when he is the only one that can get it out of the middle? I'd play anyone, even Coughlan, across half back before I'd play Campbell there. He played there last year because he was playing injured. And i have no problem wiht that. But when he is fit and firing, he is essential to the midfield IMO.

At the start of the year Frawley was saying how in his ideal Richmond team Campbell would be played off the half back flank. What ideal team is that Danny? A team with Voss, Buckley and Hird in it?

Campbell is our best midfielder - still.