Give Hyde a go Frawley. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Give Hyde a go Frawley.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Chris hyde may not be a superstar, but from a person who has watched him several times this year, he is most definitely a goer and always consistant.

His disposal is quite good, he can run through the lines, and will always put his body on the line.

Hyde has consistantly been in Coburg's best players each week but hasn't always got a mention. Best players reported for Coburg are never correct. Brownlow and Baktiger would probably agree with that statement.

He is by FAR!, a better player then King who has had regular runs in the midfield. Given some confidence and time on the ground, he would repay the faith.

Surely under the current circumstances we could leave him in the side and drop a player like Fiora, or Rogers who are not prepared to put their body on the line.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Its an absolute disgrace that Spud hasn't given the likes of Hyde, Schulz and McGrath a go. All they would have to do is stand on the ground and they would be more effective than the likes of King, Pettifer, Biddiscombe, Fiora, Rogers, Houlihan and Hilton. Those duds have had more than enough time to show what they are capable of and there is no excuse to hand them free spots in the team any longer.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Not sure.

I might be wrong, he might not be injured, but im sure i heard it somewhere.

If he's not injured then spuds stupid for not giving them a go.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
You're not asking spud to be dis-loyal to his buddy rogers are you?

I'm not saying Hyde is a great player or has very good skills and awareness, as I haven't seen enough of him, but what I have noticed is that he has an idea of how to run the lines and run hard - similar to tivendale. I hope he is kept on the list and is given a proper go next year under a coach who knows how to nurture such players and knows how to set up a game structure based on running the lines and linking up continuously to support one another.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
thats exactly the problem Harry. No one has seen enough of HYDE to know what he is capable of. Even the coaching staff I suspect. The only way to see if he is capable of AFL football is to let him play AFL football.

We went to the trouble of redrafting him so for god sake give the kid a chance to show why we showed that sort of faith. he can't do it in the two's or on the bench ala COUGHLAN a couple of years ago.