Am I the only one... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Am I the only one...

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
...or have we been stiffed with the umpiring so far. I swear if your name is Voss or Lynch, everything MUST go your way, and if your name is Richardson or Ottens, you must be gunned down or stabbed before the umps will turn a hair.

Not happy till half time. :mad:

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
AMEN to that brother!!

The thing is it happens often enough to the likes of Richo and Otto even in home games... but when we travel interstate it seems to be magnified.... the most annoying thing is we aren't good enough to be crucified by the umpires and still win :mad:
DAMN THOSE MULTI-COULOURED MAGGOTS!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Typical interstate umpiring. I've said it before and i'll say it again: you have to be a five goal better side than the home team to come away with a win.

Umpires are still getting intimidated by the crowd. Something needs to be done by the AFL. Stuff the salary cap debate, get some umpires who can be impartial.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Good to see it is consistently shocking (the umpiring that is) I turned over to Fox footy and at a crucial time in the match as the Bulldogs were making a comeback and about to repel an attack out of the backline a pies player turned around blindly and ran into Darcy who merely stood there and protected himself from harm with his arms across his chest... result... free kick 20 metres out directly in front... goal. This *smile* really isn't good enough it should be a requirement of umpiring to atleast have played 50 games of junior footy up to under 17 level or something.... because at the moment they look like accountants trying to be mechanics!! :mad: ::) ::)

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
You are right about Lynch getting everything and our guys getting screwed.

Also, I think the umps must of thought they were at a broncos match with the amount of throws the Lions got away with.

(Though we had one trow our way.)

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Tigerdog said:
Good to see it is consistently shocking (the umpiring that is) I turned over to Fox footy and at a crucial time in the match as the Bulldogs were making a comeback and about to repel an attack out of the backline a pies player turned around blindly and ran into Darcy who merely stood there and protected himself from harm with his arms across his chest... result... free kick 20 metres out directly in front... goal. This sh!t really isn't good enough it should be a requirement of umpiring to atleast have played 50 games of junior footy up to under 17 level or something.... because at the moment they look like accountants trying to be mechanics!! :mad: ::) ::)

Defiantly consistent. Was at the STK v Demons game today, was absolutly shocking, and the ride that the umpires took neitz on - ARGH its enough to make some one scream. Neitz got 3 goals out of 3 frees.

I remember hearing Sam Newman say that it was enough to stop supporters coming to the footy.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Hey Tiga I found another baby pic for you... it is a crack up but I don't know if the baby had crapped his pants at the time so maybe you wouldn't want it.... or maybe you already have it??
Anyway if you want it send me a message with your email and I'll send it on to you.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Listen people. It's all about everyone getting a kick.
Having umpired a few Auskick games, you know that
you have to pay some fake frees just to give some
of the lower achieviers a kick. Sometimes, god forbid
you have to invent free kicks ... (gasp). Also remember
in Auskick rules, there is minimal contact to be made,
and that you actively help some people, just to
encourage them ... so to speak... bla.. bla humpfff.

Sorry, I think they missed the 1st level coaching course.

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
As long as Richo wants to stand there and wrestle I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Stop whinging about it and get on your bike and move around a bit. Absolutely pathetic Richo.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
That white maggot who didn't give Andy Krakouer a free kick there near the end of the game when he was held on to about 3 times should be shot.

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
Krakourer was playing for a free kick. Most umpires can recognise this and he should not have received one. Listen and the end of the day the umpires didn't cost us the game. Richmond and the coaching staff did.

Please stop complaining about the umpiring, it's very easy to look at that as an excuse and not address the real issues.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Richo gets held and scragged every week and hardly gets a free.
I understand his frustration, but where is the Richo who should run and jump and lead and mark and earn his own kicks.
He's far too talented a player to just stand there like a stale bottle of water like he does lately.
How long since Richo's made some good leads, not to the pockets but to the teams advantage?
If the umpires don't pay him frees he should start getting his own.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
OMH, I don't think for a minute that we don't all realise that we are a rabble and that the umpiring would have made no difference to the end result. I think plenty has been said and will continue to be said about the coaching staff and the players.

But this doesn't mean we shoudl turn a blind eye to bull *smile* umpiring.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I don't like umpire bagging, but this game and the one in Perth both showed very biased umpiring for the home team.
Overall this year umpiring seems to have been pretty inconsistant.
It must be a real worry for the AFL. The talent in the umpiring pool seems at an all time low.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
JohnF said:
But this doesn't mean we shoudl turn a blind eye to bull sh!t umpiring.

Is this time to remind people that Jeff Gieschen is
regularly at Coburg games?... his son Nick plays
for Coburg... nar, I suppose we should leave the
poor bloke alone... maybe Aaron Fiora should be
an Ump?

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
We should take the multi coloured maggots out and hang them. I rarely yell at the telly. But they crucified us in the first half especially with lynch :mad: :(

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The umpiring in the first half was disgraceful. So one sided and inconsistent. I watched the game with my dad who is an ex-SANFL umpire and he agreed saying Richmond should make an official complaint to the league. It wasn't so much the free kicks they paid but the obvious ones they refused to pay to us especially around the neck and landing into a player's back :mad:.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
mightytiges said:
The umpiring in the first half was disgraceful. So one sided and inconsistent.

You should have been there live :-\ :-\ As I said to some in the 2nd quarter the umpires were ruining a good game of footy ;)

As for Richo - not leading Rosy. It is a bit hard to lead when you are getting pulled and scragged when the ball is 80 metres away. Time and time again last night he was trying to make a lead whe we had the run out of the back line and Michael then Leppitsch would retard, grab or man-handle him. Now when there is no umpire around there isn't much you can do but when an umpire is 1-20 metres watching it - it sucks I would have thought