Give Me A Break | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Give Me A Break

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
The Boss, I'm not sure what any of this has got to do with anything really.

All I'm interested in is seeing Richmond get back to being a force again.

I don't care who gets us there, as long as we get there.

Getting ourselves all worked up about insignificant matters uses up unnecessary time and energy that can be better spent elsewhere.

We obviously disagree, so perhaps it's best that we leave it at that.

I apologise if I sounded rude in my last post. No disrespect intended.

I value your contribution. We just so happen to disagree on this point.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
No need to apologise MC.
We clearly have a difference of a opinion on this issue. Sorry if I upset you, it was not my intention.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I don't care who the president is at RFC or who the board members are. Saddam can be our president for al I care. What I can comment on is what I see on the park - the team and how it is coached. For mine Frawely is the first thing that must go. If Casey and Miller back him when it is plainly obvious that he can't cope then I'll comment that they also need to go. Until then I don't care much about what they say, or what their interests are or who they barracked for.

The coach is the president of the club IMO - he makes or breaks success. RFC need to get the right coach and all will be well. I think people are getting too dramatical when the solution is quite simple really. No-ones suggesting we send the crusaders over to punt road.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
lol Harry, nothing too "dramatical" (sic) eh? Just sack the coach, pay out $300,000, and if they don't, sack 'em all? Lol, quite simple, nothing too dramatic.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Dean3 said:
You may be right Boss, no reason at all to doubt what you say, but I reckon the last thing the Tigers need right now is a board level overhaul.

Can you imagine the hue and cry if at the end of another disappointing year we:

1. Sack half the list.
2. Sack the coach again.
3. Have a board level fight, splitting the club down the middle.
4. Greg Miller resigns (he has publicly tied his tenure to Clinton Casey's).
5. Come out and say everything's fine and we're aiming to make the finals next season.
6. Start selling memberships. Yeah, sure.

If a scenario like that unfolds at the end of this season, does anybody seriously believe that we could get the coach we really want, just by holding out a blank cheque and whacking an ad in The Age? The entire football world would laugh in our faces, roll their eyes and say, "there goes good ol' Richmond, won't have to worry about them for another 20 years". And memberships would plummet.

Why is not possible for Richmond to manage an orderly succession, if that is what is required, both in the football department and at board level?
Dean3 how many more years of abject failure do you want. frawley and beck4yrs & 8yrs have both been dismal failures.under the astute guidance of this duo we have truly the worst list in the comp out side of carlton. we have had footballers come thru the club since 1995 the majority of which have been duds.the teamitself and the football dept reeks of mediocrity there is dire need for change in these areaswhich is and has been the responsibility ofthe board and if they cant make the hard decisions because there worried what people will think they shouldnt be in the job.frawley & beck in particular have had ample opportunity but have failed terribly to the long term ex pense of the rfc lets not keep them for the sake of appearances but sack them for the good of the club.no ones job from the president down to the boot studder should be safe if their not doing it well its that simple.i must say im sick of hearing peole say you cant do this or that because it might look bad

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I think you've missed my point entirely Claw. My post was made in the context of board level upheaval, not so much about the coaching (although the two are related). Iwas talking about a partiicular set of events as outlined, not part thereof.

Maskedman

Tiger Cub
Jul 21, 2003
Melbourne
Dean3, I disagree but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. With regard to football matters, the Board can only act on recommendations from the Football Director, and in Greg Miller the football community believes we have one of the best going around. I believe that he will now personally be overseeing recruitment, and his view is not short term fix, it is long term sustained success. I've heard Greg say that our list is only 26 players deep at the moment, and to be successful you need to have alist of 33 or 34.
I'm expect between 8 & 10 changes to the playing personnel at the end of the year. We can't do anything before then except see what we have with the likes of Hyde, Shir, McGrath & others.
8)

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Not sure that we disagree at all Maskedman - I'll be fuming if their aren't at least 8 changes to our list.