Glad we didn't get Carey | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Glad we didn't get Carey

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Big thanks to the recruiting staff that didn't bother going after Carey.

For all the bagging they get, this was one of their better decisions, or maybe we just got lucky cos Carey didn't want us.

What a pathetic, sad old player.

Dobbing and pointing things out to the umpire at every chance.
"Look umpie, Archer is giving me dirty looks." ;D

Carey backing off like a startled rabbit when he saw Arch's fist was so funny.

Wait till Archer meets you in a pub one night Wankery and you'll have something to think about I reckon.
I get the feeling he's a very loyal mate to Stevo.

Was good to see Bourkey in action again too. Why did I tip the Roos, ha.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Had to laugh at chicken legs trying to control the ball near the boundary during the 3rd qrt i think, and just reminded me why he had to go ;D

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I went along to the game last night, thought I would like to have a look at two ex tigers - Jason Torney and David Bourke, and of course hoping that Archer would go the old biffo with Carey. He was very average (Carey that is, even though he kicked 4 goals). I swore that if Carey came to Richmond that would be it for me, I would have to turn my back on em after 33 yrs :'( and support the Brisbane Lions.

By the way I read an article a couple of weeks ago in which Torney gave the impression that he didn't think very highly of Danny Frawley, can anyone fill me in? Was Torney devastated he was let go? Sorry I haven't been in Melbourne that long so it is hard to keep up with all things tigerish.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
I'm very glad we didn't get Carey either Rosy. The man's nothing more than a walking side show these days.

The thing is, we can't seem to control the introverts that are the Richmond team, yet we wanted to get Carey (before Greg Miller was even on the scene). A combination made in hell if you ask me.

He might still have some good football left in him, but I don't know if he's playing for all the right reasons. Seems to me his ego has its own post code.

I thought Friday night's game was sad. To see three former 'mates' going at each other, was sad.

I tried to think what it would have been like if that had been three of our favourite sons. A sad night for footy I thought.

Don't know what it must have been like to be a North supporter that night. Their emotions must have been all over the place.

Hope we never see anything like that again.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I was hoping there would be more biffo. I was disappointed. I was definitely on the side of Archer and Stevens. Seeing Steven bounce off Carey was embarrassing though. Glad Archer stuck up for his mate.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
shawry said:
I was hoping there would be more biffo.

I'm sure a lot of people wanted biffo, shawry. But realistically, what were the chances of that happening? Channel 9 apparently had a camera on Carey the whole night.

Regardless of that, with the number of cameras at games these days, especially on Friday nights, people can't possibly expect biffo in any game.

Unless players go out with the sole aim of 'squaring up' then I don't know how we can ever expect to see real biffo any more.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Didnt stop Hargrave from the bulldogs belting Heath Black, btu i do understand what you are saying. IT is sad that the odd all in brawl has been eradicated from the game. I can understand why but it isnt the same. The game has changed a lot, now you even touch an umpire and dont say sorry and you go the tribunal. Oh well, still a great game.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Can't deny that there will always be the odd incident shawry. But it is a shame that our great game has all but been sanitised.

So I think all we can ask for is a good, hard fought, honest contest each week.

'Cos, played well, nothing beats Aussie Rules. That's for sure.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
No one wants to see good guys get hurt, but I'm all for ass holes getting knocked out. I wish North either "kinged" him or just concentrated on the game. They did neither and it was embarassing to watch.