Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

With the rain yesterday it's amazing how quickly the fairways have got a green tinge to them.

After Tigers front nine i thought he was going to win, he played almost flawless golf. Molinari was unbelievable, he played the last 36 holes without a bogie, a sensational display of precision shot making. Schauffele needs to hole his second shot on the last to force a play off, he couldn't could he?

tigerman said:
After Tigers front nine i thought he was going to win, he played almost flawless golf. Molinari was unbelievable, he played the last 36 holes without a bogie, a sensational display of precision shot making. Schauffele needs to hole his second shot on the last to force a play off, he couldn't could he?

Thought the same, I have no doubt Tiger will win another major. His chipping & putting are still a little off. One bad shot derailed his round. Still made top 10 though.

Spieth is a real conundrum as a golfer. His best is stunning yet he has an amazing ability to stink it up when in great positions.

MD Jazz said:
Thought the same, I have no doubt Tiger will win another major. His chipping & putting are still a little off. One bad shot derailed his round. Still made top 10 though.

Spieth is a real conundrum as a golfer. His best is stunning yet he has an amazing ability to stink it up when in great positions.

Spieths a funny one isn’t he , could potentially win 10 majors or could slowly disappear , that putting is starting to be a real worry, his caddy needs earmuffs ;D

How bloody good is it to have Tiger contending in a major, great tournament overall.

May have mentioned it here before, however a mate of mine has dual citizenship and went over to play with the Italian amateur team years a go, his team mates were the Molinaris, when he came back he said they were the best balll strikers his ever seen and champion fellas, pretty sure Edwardo won the US amateur the next year and we’ll the rest is history

MD Jazz said:

I really felt for Tiger he wants to win another major so badly, the double bogie on 11 rattled him for a couple of holes.

Spieth couldn't get a lengthy put to drop, shaved the cup a couple of times. He really has become quite shaky on those 4 to five footers.

Mr Brightside said:
Spieths a funny one isn’t he , could potentially win 10 majors or could slowly disappear , that putting is starting to be a real worry, his caddy needs earmuffs ;D

How bloody good is it to have Tiger contending in a major, great tournament overall.

It's bloody fantastic, i really thought he was going to win.

tigerman said:
I really felt for Tiger he wants to win another major so badly, the double bogie on 11 rattled him for a couple of holes.

Spieth couldn't get a lengthy put to drop, shaved the cup a couple of times. He really has become quite shaky on those 4 to five footers.
Doesn’t even hit the hole quite often does he

Mr Brightside said:

May have mentioned it here before, however a mate of mine has dual citizenship and went over to play with the Italian amateur team years a go, his team mates were the Molinaris, when he came back he said they were the best balll strikers his ever seen and champion fellas, pretty sure Edwardo won the US amateur the next year and we’ll the rest is history

I don't think Spieth will disappear, he is equal parts iceman and a flake. He is great for golf, you never have to wonder how he is going.

Yeh, great to F Molinari win it. Always thought his brother was the better player but he has dropped off. Was ranked 18th in the world at one stage.

Golf is full of the best sportsman IMO (excluding Phil & Bubba)

The last major will be hotly contested, McIlroy/Spieth/Tiger/Johnson/Day/Rose/Thomas/Fowler will all be desperate for a win.

Just read an article about the guy who has helped Molinari take his game to another level, he's a bit of a guru, it's a good read.

Should put him in touch with Georgie Castagna.

https://dairmagazine.com/dave-alred/

The US PGA kicks off tomorrow.

Justin Thomas, Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods are playing together and are going to be one of the featured groups.

Have invested some of my winnings from Molinari. Ten dollars on each of Olesen $101, Stanley $81, Woodland $126, Kuchar $67, Moore $101, Simpson $67, Chappell $81, Henley $126, Wise $151 and Lahiri $201.

tigerman said:
The US PGA kicks off tomorrow.

Justin Thomas, Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods are playing together and are going to be one of the featured groups.

Have invested some of my winnings from Molinari. Ten dollars on each of Olesen $101, Stanley $81, Woodland $126, Kuchar $67, Moore $101, Simpson $67, Chappell $81, Henley $126, Wise $151 and Lahiri $201.

Nice roster. Olesen is big overs. Lahiri is 440-1 on the ‘fair.

Mr Brightside , let me yell ya SPeith will NEVER go away .
He has great putting skills and better than most playing at that level .

gutfull said:
Mr Brightside , let me yell ya SPeith will NEVER go away .
He has great putting skills and better than most playing at that level .

Was a great putter. Now putts like Stevie Wonder. This season he is 165th strokes-gained putting.

scottyturnerscurse said:
Nice roster. Olesen is big overs. Lahiri is 440-1 on the ‘fair.

I wish you hadn't told me that ;D

I had a second account with centrebet 25+ years ago, i've only got the one now because i don't trust myself :help

Been having a good run of late, backed Thomas last week, the better result would've been Stanley @ $101, he came 2nd.

tigerman said:
I wish you hadn't told me that ;D

I had a second account with centrebet 25+ years ago, i've only got the one now because i don't trust myself :help

Been having a good run of late, backed Thomas last week, the better result would've been Stanley @ $101, he came 2nd.

Nice work on JT. His formline was terrible but such is golf betting...

scottyturnerscurse said:
Nice work on JT. His formline was terrible but such is golf betting...

I don't think his form was too bad, he shot 69 in the 1st round of The Open then 77 in 2nd round in shocking conditions which included a three hole stretch where he shot 6 over, after all that he only missed the cut by 1 shot.

Have said that i can make excuses for a crab that box seated and then ran last ;D

scottyturnerscurse said:
Was a great putter. Now putts like Stevie Wonder. This season he is 165th strokes-gained putting.

Going on most of his posting gutfull isn’t necessarily up to speed on most things. Surprised he found the golf thread.

Think an Aussie will pull it out for jarrod.