Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Spewing that the cheat Mickelson got a Captains pick in the Ryder Cup. I hope the French galleries boo him at every opportunity.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Phil got pantsed in the afternoon 4some. Great to see the yanks 0-4. At 5-3 Europe’s way it sets up a great event.

Surprised they played Phil.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
scottyturnerscurse said:
Keen on Fleetwood this weekend.

But hard to see the Euros winning.

Half of this post is becoming very profitable.

The other half is most definitely not.

Woods, Mickelson and Reed have been putrid.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking to the final day especially McIlroy v Thomas and Woods V Rahm, Garcia and Fowler should be good too.
Thomas V McIlroy are first off, good start to Thomas 1Up after the first.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Congratulations to Richmond supporter Mark Leishman on another win on the USPGA Tour. He teed off at the 18th with a 4 shot lead, he birdied it and won by 5 :clap :clap :clap :clap

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
tigerman said:
Congratulations to Richmond supporter Mark Leishman on another win on the USPGA Tour. He teed off at the 18th with a 4 shot lead, he birdied it and won by 5 :clap :clap :clap :clap

Good win.

Won three of his past 44 starts. That is good going even if the CIMB is a limited field.

B1 and B2

Richo & The Twins
Mar 6, 2007
Just gets it done with no carry on or fanfare.
Always happy talking to the fans and media.

A great representative of Aussie sport and a Tiger tragic just to make him even more likeable!!!

B1

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Great effort. Would be one of our lowest profile sports people, despite his enormous success.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigerman said:

Yep. Well done Mark. Unleash the Leish!!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
When your hot you're hot. Jerry Kelly's amazing eagle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUc6NaIXkRA

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not sure what all the new rules are, however really like the fact caddies can’t line players up now , imho pretty much a form of cheating ( though legal)

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Mr Brightside said:
Not sure what all the new rules are, however really like the fact caddies can’t line players up now , imho pretty much a form of cheating ( though legal)

I actually thought that was one of the more unnecessary changes.

Caddies help with every single shot, be it yardage, wind, slope, etc, etc. Not sure why that should change when they reach the green.

I’m a big fan of the changes overall though.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Midsy said:

Caddies help with every single shot, be it yardage, wind, slope, etc, etc. Not sure why that should change when they reach the green.

Me too.

Did you guys see that footage of DeChambeau talking to his caddie - assessing air density, angle of descent and other stuff. they should make the players hit quicker if they are going to spend 5 minutes assessing each shot in such detail.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Midsy said:

I see alignment as a skill and not something that the golfer should have from an outside agent, in saying I’m one of the very few who think that caddies should just be for carrying the bag.

jb03 said:
Me too.

Did you guys see that footage of DeChambeau talking to his caddie - assessing air density, angle of descent and other stuff. they should make the players hit quicker if they are going to spend 5 minutes assessing each shot in such detail.
Didn’t see it ,but the time a lot of players take has become crazy and it has a flow on effect to us mugs. I remember as teenager playing 18 holes in a comp no longer then 4 hours, now I believe a lot of clubs are averaging up near 5 hours