Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
De Chumpo hit a wedge on that shot into the par 3 8th that finished an inch from the hole today. 175 yards.

I’ve played that hole a couple of times and besides being 175 yards today, it also plays with a reasonable uphill gradient as well.

Wedge. Unreal.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Thanks for running the comp Red first major I’ve ever won although even Shaun Micheel won a major. More arse than class. Nearly choked the last day. Perhaps
I’ll have a smash with Mr B one day and get that Pro V, always enjoyed his level headed posting (wish I was more like him sometimes!) I’m sure he’d be good company on the course and on the 19th.
Rahm held his nerve but like Speith at the BO with that drop he certainly had some luck. Jack always said you need a bit of luck.
Bring on the British open and some better commentary - it was awful. The Aussie Luke Elvy (is that him?) was a shocker.

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
De Chumpo hit a wedge on that shot into the par 3 8th that finished an inch from the hole today. 175 yards.

I’ve played that hole a couple of times and besides being 175 yards today, it also plays with a reasonable uphill gradient as well.

Wedge. Unreal.
Surely he can’t have a long career swinging like that?
I’ve never liked him much but he cops a lot of flak. Must be developing a thick hide. I think he is more likeable than Koepka.
As long as he doesn’t start praising Jesus after wins he’s ok by me. I love that he’s doing it differently to anyone that’s ever played at that level.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Surely he can’t have a long career swinging like that?
I’ve never liked him much but he cops a lot of flak. Must be developing a thick hide. I think he is more likeable than Koepka.
As long as he doesn’t start praising Jesus after wins he’s ok by me. I love that he’s doing it differently to anyone that’s ever played at that level.
Yeah. The Holy Rollers as I call them. There’s quite a few on the PGA Tour.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Well done MD J, too good.

I got a lot of joy watching De Chump capitulate, the arrogant runt.

Thanks for running it Redford, it's good fun. It will be nice to get some sleep, I love watching all the majors, I thought Rahm at $12 was outstanding value after watching his first 3 rounds.

Jon Rahm

Comp
Majors 2021 US Open
Event
US Open 2021 Outright Betting
Seln No
Sport
Golf
Bet Type
Match Result

Proj. Pay
Cost
$12.00 W
Start Time
00:59, Mon 21 Jun 2021
Bet Placed
18:24, Sun 20 Jun 2021
Ticket Id

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So about 160 metres, up the hill.

I'd be taking a 5 or a 6 iron depending on the conditions. Be interested to see what the average club used by the other pros was. You'd think most would be 7-8 which is a huge gap at that level.
Dunno. But Rham hit a 9.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
So about 160 metres, up the hill.

I'd be taking a 5 or a 6 iron depending on the conditions. Be interested to see what the average club used by the other pros was. You'd think most would be 7-8 which is a huge gap at that level.
I think they were mostly hitting 8's.

Watching Bland get outdriven by Henley by 40-50 yards every hole in Rd 3 was depressing. Bland hit every fairway on the front 9 I think. But he kept having some pretty long clubs into the greens.

Its great watching guys get it done in different ways, but if you don't bomb it you're probably not winning a major any time soon. Perhaps the British can still be won by a straight hitter with all the run you can get but not many short hitters will win a US based major again.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I think they were mostly hitting 8's.

Watching Bland get outdriven by Henley by 40-50 yards every hole in Rd 3 was depressing. Bland hit every fairway on the front 9 I think. But he kept having some pretty long clubs into the greens.

Its great watching guys get it done in different ways, but if you don't bomb it you're probably not winning a major any time soon. Perhaps the British can still be won by a straight hitter with all the run you can get but not many short hitters will win a US based major again.
Bland was swinging and playing really well in that third round but in the end the course and length just wore him down. Big effort to be leading after 2 rounds. Huge.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Well done MD J, too good.

I got a lot of joy watching De Chump capitulate, the arrogant runt.

Thanks for running it Redford, it's good fun. It will be nice to get some sleep, I love watching all the majors, I thought Rahm at $12 was outstanding value after watching his first 3 rounds.

Jon Rahm
Agree on all counts

Thanks to Redford - look forward to the next one
Well done to the Jazz man
Like Rahm and glad he caught the karma bus this time
And on De Chumpo - it‘s probably irrational but everything about the bloke just makes me want to vomit and I struggle to think of o golfer I’ve liked less

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Agree on all counts

Thanks to Redford - look forward to the next one
Well done to the Jazz man
Like Rahm and glad he caught the karma bus this time
And on De Chumpo - it‘s probably irrational but everything about the bloke just makes me want to vomit and I struggle to think of o golfer I’ve liked less
De Chumpo not having the courtesy to call fore, or point with his club when he drives it into the gallery really annoys me, who the hell does he think he is............schmuck.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thanks for running the comp Red first major I’ve ever won although even Shaun Micheel won a major. More arse than class. Nearly choked the last day. Perhaps
I’ll have a smash with Mr B one day and get that Pro V, always enjoyed his level headed posting (wish I was more like him sometimes!) I’m sure he’d be good company on the course and on the 19th.
Rahm held his nerve but like Speith at the BO with that drop he certainly had some luck. Jack always said you need a bit of luck.
Bring on the British open and some better commentary - it was awful. The Aussie Luke Elvy (is that him?) was a shocker.
Congrats MDJ , I’m not one to be suspicious, however with Rudeford involved I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s some sought of “fine cotton” type activity going on .

you sure you don’t want a TP5 :)) , send me a pm with your address mate and I’ll have a pro V on the way

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Mr B, you find an online coach?

I need help, had a shocker yesterday. They call me Mr Curly

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Good grief. That Luke Elvy was unbearable.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Had a look at my new swing on “tape” felt like I was swinging like John Daly, fact was it’s more like Rahm, *smile* old age
Yeh, what I thought I looked like and the reality is scary. Although for me the amount of sway was revealing. And you notice it in inconsistent ball strikers. Play with a guy who hits it miles left, right and sometimes straight. He sways so much in his backswing its pure luck getting it all back square at impact. He wonders why he is inconsistent!