Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Rory capitulates again.
Well, arguably. But had terrible luck in slamming into the flagstick on 15, then rebounding into a bunker. Tried to get too cute with no room to the flag, came up short in choppy fringe resulting in a bogey putt. After that, completely lost it - both in his head and on the course. What was she thinking with the attempted miracle recovery shot on 18!?
Overall, played very well, especially Rd. 1. But did his game unravel once the pressure really came on? Yes, arguably.

Morikawa is as cool as. Even when he mis-hits, hardly ever finds terrible trouble.

BTW, decent efforts from our young guns: Min Woo Lee, Hebert and Scrivener. All showing promise.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The Hojgaard brothers.
Nicholai in particular. Huge hitter and threatening the top players here at just 20 years old. Min Woo also coming along nicely but has to work on his wedges and putting. Like my first post on him said, wins shots against the course, then commonly gives them straight back next couple holes.

Finally saw a little of Scrivener; thought he was a ghost. Looks alright. Hardly sighted Herbie on coverage, but similar to MWL, I think.

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Good luck with that. I can manage a degenerative spine with a lot of stretching, anti inflams on occasion, and knowing when to ease off. But the finger and knees appear to have got the better of me. See the first surgeon about the knees on Monday. Very painful locking up of them both at the moment. Feel like I’m shredding them actually. Totally out of action.
Gees, Red, you sound like you are in a fair bit of trouble. My total sympathy. Getting older and all the wear-and-tear catching up is no fun at all.

But be glad you're not a race-horse. :eek:

[Still, probably in better shape than Tiger, and far less ops!]

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Gees, Red, you sound like you are in a fair bit of trouble. My total sympathy. Getting older and all the wear-and-tear catching up is no fun at all.

But be glad you're not a race-horse. :eek:

[Still, probably in better shape than Tiger, and far less ops!]
Thanks Leon Spinks. First op on the right knee in 10 days time. Left knee a fortnight after that and a new finger a few weeks further on.

I’d have Tiger covered easily for orthopaedic surgeries. Up to about 12 now with a few more to go. Bloody football….

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Thanks Leon Spinks. First op on the right knee in 10 days time. Left knee a fortnight after that and a new finger a few weeks further on.

I’d have Tiger covered easily for orthopaedic surgeries. Up to about 12 now with a few more to go. Bloody football….
Absolute best of luck with all that. Hope you have good Health Benefits too, given you might out-do TW for orthopedic surgeries, but probably not for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. (y)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The LPGA is pretty interesting at the moment. Quite competitive. A real rivalry is developing between the super stylish Jin Young Ko and free swinging Nelly Korda. Two and one in the world respectively.

Then you’ve got a revitalised Lydia Ko and super competitive Minjee Lee from NZ and Australia playing very well also.

Lexi Thomson is also back in form but prone to some spectacular meltdowns.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The LPGA is pretty interesting at the moment. Quite competitive. A real rivalry is developing between the super stylish Jin Young Ko and free swinging Nelly Korda. Two and one in the world respectively.

Then you’ve got a revitalised Lydia Ko and super competitive Minjee Lee from NZ and Australia playing very well also.

Lexi Thomson is also back in form but prone to some spectacular meltdowns.
Just read an article on Lydia, a gun as a youngster and was then in the wilderness where she went 3 years without a win. She had won 16 times before that lean spell, a fair effort that. She must've been winning every other week, and is still only 24.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just read an article on Lydia, a gun as a youngster and was then in the wilderness where she went 3 years without a win. She had won 16 times before that lean spell, a fair effort that. She must've been winning every other week, and is still only 24.
Apparently a bit demanding. Has had something like 13 caddies or so.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Broady playing (learning) with Paul Gow on Ch 503 Foxtel. Just said the players had a ritual for the last 5 years by having a corn and chicken soup after training.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Broady playing (learning) with Paul Gow on Ch 503 Foxtel. Just said the players had a ritual for the last 5 years by having a corn and chicken soup after training.
Love the corn and chicken soup. Needs crusty sourdough bread to go with it.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Watched that episode and thoroughly enjoyed seeing Broady. He seems like a really nice decent bloke.

Picked up a very useful tip too when Gow was recommending that “one two ….. one two ….” tempo thing for Broady’s little chips and pitches around the green. Helped me heaps yesterday.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watched that episode and thoroughly enjoyed seeing Broady. He seems like a really nice decent bloke.

Picked up a very useful tip too when Gow was recommending that “one two ….. one two ….” tempo thing for Broady’s little chips and pitches around the green. Helped me heaps yesterday.
You should try Mr Burnside’s one…err…two…wait….errr…one …three…two tempo.

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watched the Joburg Open on the box last week, amazing watching Nienaber hit it. So balanced and seemingly effortless. Such a contrast to Bryson. Hopefully he comes out to Aust so can watch him live.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Imagine the price would have been juicy?

What sort of cut in price is there for Top 5/Top 10?
He was 66s.

Each-way is top five so about 17-1.

Top ten would have been about 5-1. Ea

Outside of Majors, where most outlets pay places to eighth (or even tenth), I think it's folly to be betting e/w.

Actually, it's just folly to bet on golf.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He was 66s.

Each-way is top five so about 17-1.

Top ten would have been about 5-1. Ea

Outside of Majors, where most outlets pay places to eighth (or even tenth), I think it's folly to be betting e/w.

Actually, it's just folly to bet on golf.
Ha ha ain’t that the truth.

I used to like doing multis on who would make the cut at the majors. I used to anchor Fred Couples at the Masters every year until recently.