Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Massive win for Cam Smith. Went toe to toe with the world number one and came out on top
Fantastic! Bloody good $$ too although I haven't checked out the prize money split as yet. I concur but had to watch it some hours behind and, although I clicked 'from start', Kayo took me to live action (twice) so still haven't seen front 9 where CS must have done all his best work. Back 9 was really tense but neither player could land a killer blow approach shot for an eagle or vital birdie. Rahm always looked dangerous so great to see CS keep calm and at least match him virtually. Kept driving it well, just as long as Rahm. Never quite putted his best, same with irons but CS unlucky with great fairway wood at the 18th that may well have set up an eagle but for (still) soft turf before green.

Amazing round from Matt Jones too equalling incredible 61 course record of Thomas and Rahm. Will he ever play better than this? Hope so, but at least the Yank commentators might know who he is now and overall pay a bit more respect to our golfers - less of the patronizing comments (as if Rahm was just going to walk all over them!)

No kudos to Fox/Kayo for coverage though - so many ads/promos where you miss vital shots of players. Fine with the extra beautiful scenery shots as usual and all, like wild boars on course, but at times shown more surfing than golf!

Anyway, brilliant tourney for our male golfers; everyone fired up except Herbie who's only a first-year. (y)(y)

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Fantastic! Bloody good $$ too although I haven't checked out the prize money split as yet. I concur but had to watch it some hours behind and, although I clicked 'from start', Kayo took me to live action (twice) so still haven't seen front 9 where CS must have done all his best work. Back 9 was really tense but neither player could land a killer blow approach shot for an eagle or vital birdie. Rahm always looked dangerous so great to see CS keep calm and at least match him virtually. Kept driving it well, just as long as Rahm. Never quite putted his best, same with irons but CS unlucky with great fairway wood at the 18th that may well have set up an eagle but for (still) soft turf before green.

Amazing round from Matt Jones too equalling incredible 61 course record of Thomas and Rahm. Will he ever play better than this? Hope so, but at least the Yank commentators might know who he is now and overall pay a bit more respect to our golfers - less of the patronizing comments (as if Rahm was just going to walk all over them!)

No kudos to Fox/Kayo for coverage though - so many ads/promos where you miss vital shots of players. Fine with the extra beautiful scenery shots as usual and all, like wild boars on course, but at times shown more surfing than golf!

Anyway, brilliant tourney for our male golfers; everyone fired up except Herbie who's only a first-year. (y)(y)
He won US$1.45 million evidently, big bikkies.

Jones was 23 under for the last two rounds o_O

• Wow

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Absolutely fantastic win by C.Smith. Gutsy gutsy gutsy. Made one crucial putt after the other, striped one drive down the middle after the other after Rahm had lead off. Had the pressure on him all day long and never wilted.

Good too to see such a pressure resilient win after a season of “fall ins” last year.

Very nice tournament by M.Jones too.

Off to the Sony ! Love the Sony.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
He won US$1.45 million evidently, big bikkies.

Jones was 23 under for the last two rounds o_O
I think it's about $2m Aust $. Not bad for a few days work! Although reflective of heaps of effort and practice for years, of course.

Still, I'd say possibly half the world's people never make that much in a lifetime perhaps.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How the hell did Don Henley lose the Sony like that ??? 6 under for 9 holes, extends his lead to 5 shots…. and then gets beaten by the Double Dekker. What the…

Boys of Bummer there Don. Geepers.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Patrick Cantlay at 14 under after 2 Rounds
Brett Drewitt 4 under
Jason Day 2 under

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yeah mate public courses are my cup of tea.
I can hack my way around, **** repairing divots or pug marks, leave the rake in the bunker, that's if I even bother raking it:mhihi
Sorry tm was aimed at Rudeford and his extremely poor game , I bet he doesn’t even know what a pitch repairer is